Dive Assure New Price Increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for bringing that old thread up, dandy don. . . We all are so blessed to have this scubaboard, it is so nice to know that you all cared and were praying for me. That just gives me goosebumps every time I read it. On the previous post I just wanted to give our thumbs up to DAN. We have been very satisfied w/ them and I just wanted to share. Hope it helps someone. You all are wonderful! Thanks! Take care, Maggi :)

thanks for bringing that old thread up, dandy don. . . We all are so blessed to have this scubaboard, it is so nice to know that you all cared and were praying for me. That just gives me goosebumps every time I read it. On the previous post I just wanted to give our thumbs up to DAN. We have been very satisfied w/ them and I just wanted to share. Hope it helps someone. You all are wonderful! Thanks! Take care, Maggi :)
Yeah, the purpose of that forum is to learn from the accidents of others, but we do care about other divers even when we didn't know them, and to have Bob come to us with y'all's story was touching. I well remember the joy we shared when he continued to post and you started to recover.

I have one of those new high deductible medical plan where I have to pay out of pocket of about $4000 before the medical kicks in at 100%. If I get DAN, would DAN pick up the $4000?

Typically, my medical plan allows me to contribute up to $6000 (pretax) to a savings account. This account is only used for medical expenses. This plan does not take money out of my paycheck at all but it requires me to pay for the first $4200 before the plan pays 100%.

So would DAN pay the $4200 since it's secondary?

By the way, why pay up the nose for trip insurance with Dive Assure? Do you really need it? The important thing here is the dive insurance.

I have one of those new high deductible medical plan where I have to pay out of pocket of about $4000 before the medical kicks in at 100%. If I get DAN, would DAN pick up the $4000?

Typically, my medical plan allows me to contribute up to $6000 (pretax) to a savings account. This account is only used for medical expenses. This plan does not take money out of my paycheck at all but it requires me to pay for the first $4200 before the plan pays 100%.

So would DAN pay the $4200 since it's secondary?
DAN will pay what your Medical insurance does not; how your Cafeteria plan interracts, I wouldn't know. Many medical policies have exclusions for location or activity, and DAN will guarantee payments or even wire money if required before treatment - something nice to count on if your sucking oxygen but really need to be inside a chamber for example.

Ever seen anyone leave a dive in an ambulance? I have seen too many.
By the way, why pay up the nose for trip insurance with Dive Assure? Do you really need it? The important thing here is the dive insurance.
I get trip insurance for international trips mostly because my medical insurance will not cover me and non diving illnesses can happen, but also for the property insurance, trip cancelation, trip interruption, extra evacuation expenses.
  • Ever had to evacuate before a Cat-5 hurricane hit? I have. Some in my group did not have trip insurance and paid dearly to leave.
  • Do you know that the airline is only liable for $9.07 per pound on lost or damaged luggage on most international trips, and many have exclusions for sporting equipment.

I have had Dive Assure for 3 years. When you travel 4 to 6 times a year the all inclusive plan is the cheapest for your equipment, trip and dive insurance. In October my dive bag did not make it on my Lion Air flight from Sorong. I did finally get it a couple of weeks ago with a few things missing. I have filed a claim with AIG in November and waiting to hear from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom