Dive-Aware ENT/Otolaryngologist in Silicon Valley area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briannapstevens

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, community:

I have a big problem with seasickness underwater, and have come to believe that it has to do with an equalization issue. I used to get total relief from oral scopolamine, which is no longer sold in the US. The patch doesn't seem to be strong enough.

Anyway, I have a dive trip coming up in October and I'm having problem finding a doctor within a 30-45 minute radius who is knowledgeable about diving. I want to see a doc who can check out my ears, maybe help me get to the root of the problem, and help me find a medication that works before my trip.

Can anyone help?

DAN referred me to a physician that is 2 hours away from my house and said that was the best they could do.

Thanks in advance for your referrals or suggestions.

Cheers,
Brianna Stevens

DocVikingo: THANKS! What a great response, and so thorough. I really appreciate it. I'll contact Dr. Newman. Yay.

---------- Post added August 27th, 2015 at 02:46 PM ----------

By the way, I've ordered from that Australian pharmacy before. Only problem is that the dosage is different from the old stuff and it just doesn't seem effective. I've tried doubling the dose, and it still wasn't 100%. Just a note. I look forward to seeing if I can get the old-dosage Scopace from that compounding pharmacy. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom