Dive boat capsize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody know which dive shop had a boat capsize near West End today?

All quiet at TBR but the boats left around 11 to go to the other side.

Still haven’t heard any news on this. Will try to find out more today. Like @Dominik_E i hope there were no injuries.

West end of?
Roatan. Bay Islands.

One of the few dive shops that went out on the crazy day - the boat capsized. We now know which dive shop it was - still haven't heard if there were any injuries although I expect we would have if anybody had been injured.

It wasn't so bad in the morning on our end. We did one dive, but ditched the 2nd one. Today we stayed on this side (a group went to French Harbour) and did 2 and came up in the rain and surge, ditched the afternoon dive.

I have the South side cam (Ccv) idling on my desk all day and was perfectly Ignorant of the weatye4 West and North. It was dead flat calm over South all day. Looking at the West End cams, (/WE Divers) looks like a whole different world.

@KatieMac - it’s going to come out one way or the other, post the stuff you know for a fact- which shop or whatever else is straight fact. Dive Op and their decisions are how potential customers make choices.

@Doc - I have only heard through the grapevine which dive shop it was. For that reason, I will not post here.

I do know there were no casualties - only lost gear.

Back
Top Bottom