Dive Boat Names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

larrandall

Reaction score
# of dives
We are buying a dive operation and considering renaming the boat. Let's hear some of the best dive boat names for ideas. Also any renaming ceremony procedures would be helpful.

larrandall:
We are buying a dive operation and considering renaming the boat. Let's hear some of the best dive boat names for ideas. Also any renaming ceremony procedures would be helpful.
supposed to be bad luck changing name on boat...

oly5050user:
supposed to be bad luck changing name on boat...

I've heard the same. Not that I'm superstitious (yeah, right...LOL):reaper:

It's not bad luck to change the name of a boat that you're buying used. It's actually traditional to rename a previously-owned vessel so you can imbue it with your own juju and not carryover any negative vibes from the previous owners.
I've never changed the name of a boat that I already owned though. I don't mess with that karma.

For a dive boat, I like:

"Gurgle"
"Hoof Hearted" (actually nothing to do with diving, I just think that's a hilarious name
"Safety Stop"
"DIFW" (for Doing it F! Wrong)
"Wonka Diver"
"Undeserved Hit"
"Making Bubbles"
"Tank Hawg"

All I could come up with on short notice...

D.

larrandall:

A boat that I own with a freind is calles
"Deep Penetration"

You should see some of the looks we get :) usually from women.. We usually get them to turn a deep embarrising red, when we say this is a dive boat What are YOU thinking of?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom