Dive Boat/Shop Expectations: Weight Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: at least there is a consensus.... :wink:

Answers from dive boat/shop provide everything to dive boat/shop provide nothing, and everything in between.

I know (prior to this question) that I would have brought my own weight belt, and now in the future I am not going to assume an operation even has weight for me. I will ask before I head to any dive boat I do not know.

Thanks for your input!

Always ask and assume nothing - you aren't out anything by asking but if you assume, you may miss out on a dive.
If you don't want to haul all your gear and weights, ask before you leave.

Where I live if you book a trip on a charter boat, most of them do not rent any equipment at all.

If you book with a dive shop a scuba trip, they sometimes organise rental equipment and they will usually have a few spare belts.

Personally I carry a basic belt in my bag because it is really tiny and if I need more weight than I can accommodate in integrated pockets or on the cylinder bands it allows me to add a few kg quickly.

If buying a weight belt it is wise to compare the cost of a few feet of webbing and metal buckle to a pre-packaged weight belt.

Locally, a pre-packaged weight belt is 2-3 times as expensive as a 2-inch (50cm) wide webbing and the buckle purchased separately (2 meters of webbing = 5 euros, stainless buckle = 4.50 euros).

-Z

I always bring a weight belt. Rolls up small, cost is small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom