Dive Boat Sinks in Pompano Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the point of this post is cautionary. Anecdotal, perhaps, without Big Data, but in my experience not only are the drivers of personal cars and the drivers of dive boats people to be leery of when visiting Pompano Beach, but the Uber drivers are as well.

When visiting Southeast Florida (and probably just Florida in general) you best be leery of EVERYONE!! There are lots of nut cases and people posing as being qualified at something who very clearly are not. Verify ... then trust ... cautiously.

So the point of this post is cautionary. Anecdotal, perhaps, without Big Data, but in my experience not only are the drivers of personal cars and the drivers of dive boats people to be leery of when visiting Pompano Beach, but the Uber drivers are as well.

Pompano Beach is really no different than any other city around here. One should be cautious in all of South Florida. :rofl3:

When I get on the ScubaTyme boat right next to SFDH’s Black Pearl, it’s going to be hard not to sound off in a German accent towards the Black Pearl crew with, “Ver are you sinking to dive today?”

I'm definitely taking my car keys with me in my DRYFOB even when boat diving from now on :wink:
I guess you really have to be ready for anything! What a story! Glad everyone is ok.

Safari Diver Boat Description: The Safari Diver is a 34 ft. Crusader equipped with full stand up bathroom and cabin area, walk around cabin for easy access to seating on the bow and a walk thru transom with a large platform. In addition she is faster, has twice as much room, accommodates 12 divers and crew and is very stable. This boat is fantastic for small groups and private charters. The Safari is a favorite among Tech divers because the platform is very close to the water. Much closer now than before…

SFDH other two “dive” boats are glass bottom catamarans. I’ve never been on a glass bottom boat, so I’m curious what precautions are taken when 35 divers with full tanks and lead weights are on board?

.....the good boat captains I’ve dove with in SF.....

My definition of a "good boat captain" may be different than your definition. :)

Having fun and getting back to the dock with all the divers, with all their extremities does not automatically make them "good boat captains".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom