dive buddies in japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, how is the diving in Japan? Must be a lot of debris from that tragic sunami that happened recently.
Sorry for anyones loss. Was a very sad day indeed.

C-ted, thank you for your sentiments.
Where I live and dive, in the southernmost part of Mainland Japan, Kagoshima Prefecture, we had tsunami warnings the day of, but that was it.
No debris, no damage. The ocean down here remains incredible.

Long way to go, but sounds like another dive plan to me. Good to know theres people there I can hook up with for dives when I do make it down there. LOL
Too many choices for diving, just did cuba, now im off to roataan in feb. I hear the philipines is nice also.

Japan sounds pretty cool. Will definately have to check it out one day.

Ted,
I see that you are based in Whitby - reminds me of the days when I got my open water in Picton :wink: (My hometown is Port Hope). Philippines is great - will probably go there again in March.

Anyone here dive Kyushu?? Or, simply want to arrange a dive trip anywhere in Japan this Spring?

I'm in Kyushu near Kumamoto and have been diving nearby a couple of times, will most likely do a few single day dives again this year once it gets warm enough for wetsuit. Haven't been to Kagoshima yet for diving, but think I'll give it a try some day. Else, I can recommend to head to Okinawa if you have a few consecutive free days, it's a really short flight and not that expensive. There is a good chance I'll do that for Golden Week.

With the new discount airline flights to Okinawa are becoming quite cheap. Skymark, Jetstar and Peach all have round trip fares for less than Y20,000 and if you don't mind the early morning flights from Tokyo can be done for just over Y10,000 round trip.

With the new discount airline flights to Okinawa are becoming quite cheap. Skymark, Jetstar and Peach all have round trip fares for less than Y20,000 and if you don't mind the early morning flights from Tokyo can be done for just over Y10,000 round trip.
Thanks for the tip. I would LOVE to make it to Okinawa someday!

Golo,

If you'd like to set up a diving trip to one of the islands drop me a PM. This Golden Week, I was considering hitting some of the islands other than Okinawa (Perhaps Amami, Tanegashima or Yakushima), but I also would like to do some more diving off the mainland here and eventually a return trip to Okinawa. I went to Okinawa for my last Golden Week, not sure that I want to go again quite yet.

Just throwing my hat into the rink -- I'm based in Kansai (live in Kobe, work in Osaka) and would love to meet some local divers / find a buddy. I spent New Year's break in Indonesia and it reawakened the addiction to the point where I'm even considering some local dives despite my dislke for cold water :)

Anyone know if there's any good winter diving to be done in Wakayama or anywhere else amenable to a weekend trip?

Golo,

If you'd like to set up a diving trip to one of the islands drop me a PM. This Golden Week, I was considering hitting some of the islands other than Okinawa (Perhaps Amami, Tanegashima or Yakushima), but I also would like to do some more diving off the mainland here and eventually a return trip to Okinawa. I went to Okinawa for my last Golden Week, not sure that I want to go again quite yet.

Okay... I saw now that you changed your forum name, that's why I didn't notice before. We have actuallly met last year in Okinawa :D

Just throwing my hat into the rink -- I'm based in Kansai (live in Kobe, work in Osaka) and would love to meet some local divers / find a buddy. I spent New Year's break in Indonesia and it reawakened the addiction to the point where I'm even considering some local dives despite my dislke for cold water
icosm14.gif

Anyone know if there's any good winter diving to be done in Wakayama or anywhere else amenable to a weekend trip?

I know that the shop I have been diving with here in Kumamoto goes diving every day, even in winter, and I am sure so do plenty of other diveshops all over the country. That being said, I don't know any place in Wakayama, and I can't really recommend the diveshop I have been diving with here in Kumamoto, though the diving itself is not too bad, you can see a lot of nice stuff over here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom