Dive buddies in the Midlands??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lloydtobin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Lloyd
20 years old
Recently certified PADI OW diver, looking for dive buddies in Midlands UK. And to start gaining more hours in the water and experience. Hoping to complete my AOW in the next couple of months.
If you are up for dive or have any advice for me please feel free to email me at lloydtobin40@gmail.com

howdy and welcome from south Florida...

Hi Lloyd,

if you are at Northants as your profile says there is a very good BSAC club just down the road from you at Milton Keynes. I think there is also a club at Stowe that might be nearer, but I belong to MKSAC and so am biased :)

The MK club has something most clubs do not, which is access to its own quarry lake that it dives every weekend, and Wednesday evenings in the summer. The lake is about 19.5 metres deep at the moment (it depends on rainfall) and is good for training, shakedown dives and improving skills and practise.

Access to the quarry is free with club membership, which is around £10 a month, air fills for club members are subsidised to I think £1 a tank (but don't quote me on that, I fill my own). You would have to be a BSAC member as well which is an annual fee, but it is not much, and does bring lots of benefits such as third party insurance, a magazine, and access to lots of other stuff.

Have a look at their website - I'm on their committee and we welcome divers from all agencies, you do not have to crossover to dive with us, but if you want to we recognise your PADI qualification and would let you enter the BSAC system to train for the next level.

Milton Keynes Sub-Aqua Club

The club has its own compressor for air fills, our own RHIB, and some equipment, tanks etc. that club members can borrow.

We organise coastal dive trips, weekends and longer trips abroad. If you are just starting out it is a good way to get buddies, build your experience and find a good group of friends to dive with.

If you haven't tried UK club diving why not give it a try, or have a look at the BSAC website and see if there is a club nearer to you. MK is probably about 15 miles or so from Northampton I think?

All the best and hope to see you at the club - Phil

Hi Phil
Thanks for your reply, I will be in contact.
Kind Regards
Lloyd

Also forgot to say there are a couple of platforms, a small plane, a bus, several boats, and a car or two on the bottom as well for you to navigate to if the visibility is OK - otherwise it can be a real low viz dive :)

Just to whet your appetite. P

Hi Phil
Thanks I have sent an email via the contact email, on the website.

Great to hear, you should get a friendly response :) - with luck we can catch up soon at the club - you can dive with me if you want. Best - P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom