Dive Buddy Android Application Released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logix

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I wanted to let everyone know that we have released a Beta Android Application called "Dive Buddy" and is available on the Android Market. It offers Dive Tables for No Decompression/Nitrox 32/Nitrox 36, a SCUBA Logbook, the ability to store pertinent medical information and emergency contact info, and a database of Hyperbaric Chambers. We are currently planning to add new features but wanted to get some active feedback from the diving community.

We would love to have your members check out the app and provide any feedback, comments, or experiences using it. Our goal is to create an easy to use, thorough SCUBA Dive Buddy that can serve a variety of diver needs.

Thank you ScubaBoard!

Hey Logix,

Do you have a direct link to your app? I cant find it on android.com.

Cheers

Why does the program need access to my personal/ contact information?

We wrote it for android 1.6 and later. If you arent seeing it on the market, you might have an earlier version of android. We have a website and plan to put it up(cant post our url yet cause the forum says I have to have 5 posts). :)

Currently, we've only written for Android. Plans are in the works to port to iPhone soon if people like the app. :)

Search by GPS is currently under development. Should be out in the next day or two.

Why does the program need access to my personal/ contact information?
The app doesn't use your personal info at all other than allowing you to store it. That information resides only on your device. My thinking in putting that information in there was in case of emergency, the app would already have some info stored for you that could be used by medical personnel. We don't get your personal info back in any way. That section is strictly for the "worst case" scenario.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Hyperbaric Chamber list on your "Dive Buddy' APP. I know I am new to the Puget Sound area, but it only shows One in Washinton (Seattle). Is this correct. It looks like there is six in Utah. This seems Odd. I know HBC is used for many other treatment modalities. TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom