Dive Caddy G3 Gear Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgaryclark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone give any feedback on the Dive Caddy G3? Looking at purchasing one but want to ask this expert board for its thoughts. Anyone have one and care to offer up your review? Thanks in advance!

Are they still in business? Website doesn't appear to have been updated in 4 years. This has been on there since the last time i looked - over a year ago:
We are currently completing our demonstration videos which will be available when our new site launches.

Check the date on your linked video - it's also 2013. Here's a couple other old links -
Dive Caddy Travel System: The Sham Wow of Dive Shows?
Looks like Leisurepro stopped selling them also. Dive Caddy Gen3 Travel Bag System

House of Scuba is selling a few on Amazon - they're a close out dive retailer among other things.

I don't have one nor have I seen one IRL but one thing that's bothered me about them is that with the airline consolidation most flights lately seem to be completely full - even a few years ago I've been asked to gate-check my carry-on roller so I'd have to wonder how your gear would survive a trip on the baggage conveyor.

They sell it as a gate check option but both times I've done that at my destination it was not possible to recover my bag at the gate - it went to baggage claim with the rest of the luggage. I don't know that the Dive Caddy provides enough protection if that happens in a major hub. .

No matter how you squash it, it's not going to fit in the 22x14x9 checked luggage box sizer at every ticket counter if the arilines start enforcing that. Most fins are longer than that. Plus United and a few others have floated a proposal to make the carry-on dimensions even smaller.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom