Dive Centre "Renewal Fees'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Quaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Curiosity got the better of me...what was the logic behind the unannounced introduction of dive centre renewal fees?
Cheers,
Norman H.

Response from Cris Merz, Vice President of Sales-Americas

"The renewal fees were planed 12 months ago when we launched the renewal for 2013. Back then, we offered two options, the free renewal and the premium renewal fee so dealers could get a sample of what their facilities would receive as far as promotional materials. It was also our way to ease into the process by allowing the option before going in full swing in 2013-14. It was during this time that both HQ staff and the regional managers were introducing the renewal fees for the upcoming year to their dealers.

We are sorry this has hit you by surprise but it has been an ongoing topic over the last 12 months."

I never got a word about the introduction of facilty renewal fees from anyone. On seeing the list of goodies included ... promo items and 50 nitrox tank wraps; my cynical first impression was that we were taking a hit to get rid of warehouse overstock items.

Response from Cris Merz, Vice President of Sales-Americas
"Understood. I am sorry you did not hear anything about this. As far as the tank wraps, we actually just placed an additional order of tank wraps to cover our renewals."

I'm with you, Blue Quaker. I haven't received any notifications about facility renewal fees either. Of course, if I have a rep, I don't know who he or she is. If I get an e-mail addressed to "Dear SDI facility", I treat it as so many wasted electrons. I always figure, if you want me to know something, tell me. If you think my name is SDI Facility, you are wrong. I figure that if I have to pay you, you should at least figure out my name....

But, it's merely the cost of doing business. When I get a bill addressed to me, I'll pay it. As long as it isn't addressed to "SDI Facility". That's just rude.

So....when are the facility renewal promo packages being shipped? Is there one central date when they all go out, or is it on an as is basis?I got my proof of payment receipt before the Christmas break...

So....when are the facility renewal promo packages being shipped? Is there one central date when they all go out, or is it on an as is basis?I got my proof of payment receipt before the Christmas break...

I got mine, if I'd known you wanted them....

I got mine, if I'd known you wanted them....

I'm curious, as last time there were "freebies" promised with facility renewals nothing came, and when I phoned the office to ask about the goodies I was told that they had run out and there was nothing left to send...Wondering if it is the same story again.

I'm curious, as last time there were "freebies" promised with facility renewals nothing came, and when I phoned the office to ask about the goodies I was told that they had run out and there was nothing left to send...Wondering if it is the same story again.

Mine are still retrievable, except for the nitrox tank bands, I had a taker on those, so if you don't get your stuff, give a shout. I made one of my adjunct facilities take it all, and I don't think they have any use for it either.

Back
Top Bottom