Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just realized my calipers measure Inches too so I didn't have to convert anything. It is too late for me guys - goodnight.

With 27.8mm land measurement (and the typical specification of a 2.5 to 5% stretch over an inner land), then a ~26mm ID oring would be just fine.
In Imperial, that's equivalent to a 2-023
1.78mm XS, 26.7mm ID, 30.26mm OD.
Don't know what to say about the post above specifying an 026, because that OD won't fit in 30mm. Maybe they meant 26 mm.

Based on your measurements, I'd say
2-023 Imperial AS568, or
1.5 x 26 metric
Duro 70

Just looking at the picture of the battery kit from eBay, a CR2430 battery is 24.5 OD, and so an oring of 26-27mm ID looks about right.
A 2-026 definitely looks too big.

With 27.8mm land measurement (and the typical specification of a 2.5 to 5% stretch offer an inner land), then a ~26mm ID oring would be just fine.
In Imperial, that's equivalent to a 2-023
1.78mm XS, 26.7mm ID, 30.26mm OD.
Don't know what to say about the post above specifying a 2-026, because that OD won't fit in 30mm.

Based on your measurements, I'd say
2-023 Imperial AS568, or
1.5 x 26 metric
Duro 70

Just looking at the picture of the battery kit from eBay, a CR2430 battery is 24.5 OD, and so an oring of 26-27mm ID looks about right.
A 2-026 definitely looks too big.

I agree...I just pulled out my stash of o-rings to check against the measurements provided and the closest I have is size 023. Size 025 would be to big as well as 026.

The 023 o-ring package lists the following measurements:
CS: .070 inch (1.78mm)
ID: 1.051 inch (26.7mm)
OD: 1.87 inch (30.16mm)

Disregard my previous post.

@stepfen , I am in the EU (Belgium) and can send you some 023 o-rings if you want. Send me your address by PM.

-Z

Just realized my calipers measure Inches too so I didn't have to convert anything. It is too late for me guys - goodnight.
Hey, it's okay @stepfen ! When pressed hard enuf, even Amuricans can sometimes do that metric thing! :confused:
Remember when I bought my Greek hat in Chania, when I came to visit? I had to figure out what 38 meant. It was a struggle, but...:D

Does anyone have an Oceanic VT4.0? I know the battery is 2450. Is there anyone be able to find the right o-ring for it?
Thanks.

Does anyone have an Oceanic VT4.0? I know the battery is 2450. Is there anyone be able to find the right o-ring for it?
Thanks.
026 duro 70

Speaking of o-rings...I was getting some replacements for my Shearwater Perdix AI and transmitter. I hope I got the right ones. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!

AS568-016 B70 (NBR) Buna-N Nitrile 70 Duro O-Ring
AS568-112 B70 (NBR) Buna-N Nitrile 70 Duro O-Ring
AS568-012 V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75 Durometer

Thanks GJC,
Do you know if it is something hardware store would have or is it a rare size?
Thanks.
Never tried, but you might find them at a place that sells plumbing supplies

I get my o rings here:

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=367_23_22&sort=2a&page=2

You have to buy more than you will ever need, but at 3 cents each, it's still just over $1. Shipping costs more than the o rings. Somewhere between $5-10.

Back
Top Bottom