Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody seems to be able to tell me what that o-ring in the OCS battery replacement kit is. The industrial o-ring places don't deal with anything that thin. The watch repair places don't seem to know how to measure it, nor do they have that cone measuring tool.

Hi Benjamin.

The -029 is the closest AS o-ring (Interior 37.8mm +/-.33mm, Width 1.78mm +/- .08mm) but there are plenty of other o-rings to try.

1mm*38mm or 1mm*39mm may be what you want. A link is below. Americans recommend McMaster-Carr but I find www.theoringstore.com easy due to flat-rate international postage (just went up from $5 to $8 but still pretty good).

1mm X 38mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring [N1.00X038] : The O-ring Store - Online O-rings, Metric O-rings, Seals, and Kits, We make getting your O-rings easy!

If you're looking through the site select [Metric O-rings], [Buna-N 70], [1mm]. If you use a different o-ring material or hardness the range of sizes reduces sharply, so start with the Buna-N in 70 duro until you find the one you want, then try to match the size in other material or hardness.

Last edited:
  • Cressi Archimede 2, IST PG 3000, Zeagle N2ition, Tusa IQ-700, Dive Rite Nitek Duo:
    • CR2032
    • 2-025, lube

Hi !

I've been using a Nitek Trio for some years now. I'd like to change the o-ring, but I can't get the meaning of that "2-025" reference you give. What would it mean in layman's term, please ?

Thanks.

Aeris ATMOS Pro:
two 2032 batteries , -023 o-ring

I am confused by some posts in this thread that designate "2-026" as an example
The AS568 or ISO3601 specs do not include the prefix "2" in their "dash" IDs?
http://www.prepol.com/my-ppe/o-ring-sizes

here is a bulk (100pcs) supplier ( reads "cheap") with dimensional specs for Buna N, neoprene and Viton o-rings:
Buna N O-Rings, 70 Durometer, 1/16" Width, PK100 by VALUE BRAND - O-Rings by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies

whereby Buna N is the most common in the bulk supply kits sold by scuba stores, durometer of 70 and o-ring thickness of 1/16"

thanks to all that have posted here ...couldn't find the Oceanic VEO 180 in a google search anywhere else <grin> but can someone please confirm the -026 for VEO 180, as I don't have the puter in my hand to measure it

See Awap's post #30 above. There is a link to the Parker o-ring hand book.

After doing much DD, I came up with an order for 0-rings from a major distributor.
The industrial supplier is RT Dygert in the midwest. The shipping is the biggest cost, so if you need just the one computer size, it will cost $7 delivered for a pack of 100.

We have 4 Sherwood regulators and three octos and two diff computer sizes, so kits with 2 or 3 o-rings are useless.
SO, I put together a kit of 11 sizes with (6) pieces each patterned after the Sherwood rebuild kits, and incl extra sizes for common application like HP spool, tank yolks, etc.
I posted on eBay and eCrater for the nominal cost of $10 free shipping, under the title of ""Sherwood scuba 66pc 0-ring kit incl dive computer seals" and will soon be posted under Marketplace -misc/auctions. I compiled a lot of info in my listing from this thread for o-ring compatibility.

It amazes me what they are selling on eBay and no one has the -026 computer o-ring included (needed for CR2450 battery), not even the (200pc) $39 kits from Innovative Scuba Concepts (they do have -023).
I even found one amazing listing for 40 o-rings for $8.25 + $2.50 shipping BUT he doesn't list what sizes they are!!! Not only that, but he sold 28 of them..amazing

Appreciate any feedback on any recommendations/errors/omissions in my listing and hopefully this is a benefit to those with a need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom