Dive computer on what wrist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I remember there was a discussion about what wrist you wear your computer or compass based on using the DSMB, Scooter, etc.

It was right for computer and left for compass. I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but I could not find the post.

I have been wearing them this way for sometime but a fellow diver wears them opposite.

"As a side note I wear my watch on my left.. since I'm right handed." That is the standard custom. I don't change it to the right when I dive"

I was taught that you put the computer on your right wrist so you can monitor it while using your deflator with your left while ascending.

Depth gauge (computer/ bottom timer) on right wrist.

I was taught that you put the computer on your right wrist so you can monitor it while using your deflator with your left while ascending.
This.

Compass on the left so that it doesn't get interference from your scooter when you start to scooter.

Your watch is a different thing. If it displays time ONLY, it's a watch. If it's depth and time, wear it in your right. I've worn a watch about 95% of time since I was 10 years old. I sleep, shower, and work out with my watch on. I never haven't. My computer goes on my right wrist. When I wear my watch with me in a Dive, it stays left. "Watch computers" get moved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom