Dive computer software and IPAD pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently bought an IPad Pro and a toggle for a USB connection. I am going to be buying a new computer at some point this year and would like some input. What is your favorite computer that has dive software that isn’t archaic, links to your iPad, and is air integrated. USB or Bluetooth is fine with me. I never use my desktop and always have my iPad so I would love a computer compatible with it that is easy to use!

Shearwater. You won't need the Bluetooth dongle.

Another vote for Shearwater. Teric connection using the Shearwater App by Bluetooth to iPad and iPhone was a breeze.

MacDive for the software. Shearwater computer of your choice.

I use DiveMate on my Andriods, but they have an iOS version as well. For around $30 you get all the addons, including the ability to download from any supported dive computer. The custom gear pack allows you to configure your own list of gear, such as exposure protection, tanks, etc - makes it fast to fill in the dive details. You can also export your DB in several formats if you want to transfer to a PC program.

MacDive IOS definitely for the software - works flawlessly to download via bluetooth from my Suunto Eon Core - which I love, but will admit the Shearwater's are OK too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom