Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the humor is simpler and it's throwing you off. I have 7 and 9 year old girls and they do what I call "ooh, butterfly!" Basically they see something pretty and get distracted.

In otherwords, it was just a humerous attempt to change the subject.

Chris, if you need a fellow Georgian to do any T&E for you, I'm your man. LOL

I would absolutely love to see a smallish wrist-mount bottom timer from Hog. Not a computer, just a BT. With PC download and replaceable battery.

It would be the new Uwatec BT but ten times better thanks to DL and replaceable battery.

This seems like such an obvious product I'm amazed it's not out yet.

Make it $250 with download kit and you will sell ten thousand of them.

10,000??? somebody find tech divers on Mars?
I would absolutely love to see a smallish wrist-mount bottom timer from Hog. Not a computer, just a BT. With PC download and replaceable battery.

It would be the new Uwatec BT but ten times better thanks to DL and replaceable battery.

This seems like such an obvious product I'm amazed it's not out yet.

Make it $250 with download kit and you will sell ten thousand of them.

Reactions: Jax
Tech divers my butt. I'm not a tech diver and use a BT exclusively. Most of my diving friends also use BTs instead of computers. While diving in Canada I see rec divers with BTs instead of computers all the time.

My numbers might be off, but it would be a totally rad product that would be very well received and pretty much overnight become the standard BT.

I was joking...

if I were to do a computer it would be a simple recreational air/nitrox computer to start. Then a year or so later you would see 3 units arrive at the same time, all geared towards a different type of diver.
Tech divers my butt. I'm not a tech diver and use a BT exclusively. Most of my diving friends also use BTs instead of computers. While diving in Canada I see rec divers with BTs instead of computers all the time.

My numbers might be off, but it would be a totally rad product that would be very well received and pretty much overnight become the standard BT.

You're the guy, but it occurs to me there are already a ton of simple rec air/nitrox computers on the market. The reason Hog and Edge have been successful is that they've offered something the other guys don't. Look how popular the Scubapro/OMS/Uwatec BTs have been. They're still in demand, despite their massive shortcomings. "A better bottom timer" would be a new, unique product that greatly improves on an older, popular product.

Just food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom