Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No replaceable battery, and no capability to record dives for download.

No replaceable battery means less failure points. :wink: The battery lasts forever.

I don't care about download ability,can do that from my Sensus Pro and Shearwater Predator

Uwatec bottom timers do what they do very well. Simple and bulletproof.

Now if only they had heartrate monitor and digital compass...................:D

Reactions: Jax
Ya'll quit distracting Chris from my selfless offer to test out his prototype gear, please. :D

there were already a ton of regs on the market when I did mine....

You're the guy, but it occurs to me there are already a ton of simple rec air/nitrox computers on the market. The reason Hog and Edge have been successful is that they've offered something the other guys don't. Look how popular the Scubapro/OMS/Uwatec BTs have been. They're still in demand, despite their massive shortcomings. "A better bottom timer" would be a new, unique product that greatly improves on an older, popular product.

Just food for thought.

---------- Post Merged at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:45 PM ----------

i must say that if i ever do a BT, having a heart rate on it would have been the last thing I would have thought of...
No replaceable battery means less failure points. :wink: The battery lasts forever.

I don't care about download ability,can do that from my Sensus Pro and Shearwater Predator

Uwatec bottom timers do what they do very well. Simple and bulletproof.

Now if only they had heartrate monitor and digital compass...................:D

The reason Hog and Edge have been successful is that they've offered something the other guys don't.
Just food for thought.

What is HOG offering that Halcyon or Dive Rite does not

IMO, Hog offers top quality gear and value at a price point that enables a recreational diver to drink the kool-aid and truly buy their gear "once" without breaking the bank. Then as they progress they just buy more of the awesomeness.

What is HOG offering that Halcyon or Dive Rite does not

Cheap prices. Service kits. No nonsense.

I could be wrong but I don't think there's much Hog could do to differentiate a cheap computer. We have those.

I'd imagine a sweet top of the line computer that I could grow into with tech diving but at a price that while not "cheap" also wouldn't scare me off. Maybe the first affordable oled?

Well if HOG did produce a computer, i'd like a trimix computer that provides proper BT functions, while still in full deco computation mode. Every single computer I look at, if it's in computer mode, you can get a pseudo BT mode that always seems to be missing something (like stopwatch function) that is only available in BT mode. But it would be nice to use it as a BT but still be able to see if it thinks you are about to get bent, and it's calculated RNT just as a fail safe to double check against my brain. Even better would be a computer with BT that also had the DIR ascent rates, stops and ratio deco tables built it. Now that would be cool.

folks, i would LOVE participate in this thread...really but it wouldn't be smart from a business point of view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom