Dive computers for small wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’d like to think of that as a consequence of wisdom from age indicating not to sweat the small stuff (as I text on my phone at full arms length).

6" wrist, old eyes - yes, you'd recognise me anywhere. I tried alternative computer, yes I can see most of the display, but not the particular bits that are the warnings you need. And it didn't provide the log info I like for my records. And setting it foxed even the experts, you know, "No worry, give it to me, I do this all the time", 5 minutes later . . . "Err, you have it back, it's taking longer than I thought, later maybe". So I am back to my ancient Suunto, digging into my wrist, too big, but I can see the warnings/info that will keep me safe and sane. And I'm not spending out for new computers - and that's money towards the next dive holiday. Yesss!

@pelan-pelan - I really do wonder about hooking the computer to the left side of our BC so we can lift it up to look at it, at whatever distance away we can see. It wouldn't effectively be any different than looking at an SPG gauge by lifting it up to see it. Why suffer with the computer digging into your wrist? Anyway, it's a thought.

Yes, that is a thought. The best arrangement is when you forget to put it on and you commence a dive to find that it is waving in front of your eyes - yes, one of the dive staff has free-dived down to bring it to you. So that's what full-service means!

Try replacing your wrist computer strap with one of these. Great for watch style smaller computers, completely adjustable non-bungie solution.l

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSWUTEG/

It's not so much the straps as the actual computer puck/square/casement and sometimes the buckle digs in a bit but mostly the computer and casing itself is wider than the flat of our wrist. Sounds odd but it hurts. I just accept the discomfort especially since I'm quite often wearing two at a time.

It's not so much the straps as the actual computer puck/square/casement and sometimes the buckle digs in a bit but mostly the computer and casing itself is wider than the flat of our wrist. Sounds odd but it hurts. I just accept the discomfort especially since I'm quite often wearing two at a time.

The Nato style strap in the amazon link may help. The strap runs under the watch case and may provide some buffer or protection. These are very comfortable, and designed to be more secure than standard watch bands as well.

Batter’s wrist guards might do the trick. The ones I’m familiar with have thermoplastic plates that are molded to the individual.

I don't have the best eyesight in the world, and didn't want to spend ages staring at the computer to make or tale of it, so in the end I went for a AI console style computer (Suunto Cobra) and am glad I did.

To me it's the best way to get a nice, large clear display and robust computer without having a brick on my wrist. I can't loose or forget it (unless I forget my regulator, which you tend to notice fairly quickly during a dive...) and also get air integration - which was something I specifically wanted - without the flakiness and battery issues of the transmitter.

Sadly, there's very little choice when it comes to console computers these days :(

I don't have the best eyesight in the world, and didn't want to spend ages staring at the computer to make or tale of it, so in the end I went for a AI console style computer (Suunto Cobra) and am glad I did.

To me it's the best way to get a nice, large clear display and robust computer without having a brick on my wrist. I can't loose or forget it (unless I forget my regulator, which you tend to notice fairly quickly during a dive...) and also get air integration - which was something I specifically wanted - without the flakiness and battery issues of the transmitter.

Sadly, there's very little choice when it comes to console computers these days :(

I had a Cobra and it died - while under warranty, so they replaced it - and it died again. My husband's died once and has managed to stay alive now, but he doesn't use it much after losing faith that it will be reliable. My backup wrist computer was a Gekko and it died (again, husband's still works). Maybe my DNA breaks Suunto?

I've decided to go with the Geo 4.0 in white. Got a good deal at my LDS and the way it works is similar to what I already have in my Oceanic mask - hopefully it won't feel too much like having to learn a new computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom