Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two dives with Lake Travis Scuba today.

1st dive at Starnes island.
Vis at 60 was better than expected, below 70-72 is where it started getting cloudy. Not as much haze as at Mansfield dive a week ago. 6-10 or so above the cloudly layer.
Temp 68 at 68'

2nd at shaker plant.
Followe line looking for the geocache, but missed it partly due to others looking for it at the same time so we went to the other side. Saw some big rock walls that go pretty deep, like straight down - not sure how far down they go.
Vis 4-8 or so when not in a silt cloud.
Temp 68 again down to 62ft.

Note: wp public park closes at 6pm on Sundays!

November 14, 2009
CSSP -- Terrell, Texas
Water Temp 65 degrees
Visibility about 20 feet at 35 feet, and about 10 feet in deep areas by moon craters
Depth in silos - 58 feet
Black out in silos (lost all ambient light) at 54 feet
Lots of suspended particulates in the water

1st dive: 1 hour 56 minutes
2nd dive: 1 hour 24 minutes
7mm wetsuit and 7mm hood

11/19
Two dives w/Lake Travis Scuba at Shaker Plant.

Really fun dives today, and a fun group. I'll combine both of the dives here, since conditions were consistent etc. The lines make it real easy to find your way around, right? Well David and I somehow got all turned around in the middle of nowhere anyway. We did find the geocache so we wrote our names on the slate. I didn't have anything to leave on the chain, though.

Vis was about 6-8 at best, 4-6 average probably.
Temp 68 surface, 66 at 93'

Carrie, if you're reading this the viz was 12-15, no silt anywhere, warm water, and blue skies :D

I went out with Don on a practice dive around 7pm. We didn't have nearly the same good vis. We practiced bottle handling at the 30'platform, then swam around the grottos. Vis was 5' or less. I could only see my buddy because he was wearing a safety orange drysuit. Temp was 68'.
Carrie

What a shame the viz dropped so drastically.. (snicker) Maybe we kicked up huge amounts of silt playing on the bottom just before we left. :)

What a shame the viz dropped so drastically.. (snicker) Maybe we kicked up huge amounts of silt playing on the bottom just before we left. :)

So does that mean you still have buoyancy issues? :shakehead:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Got the chance to dive with the group on Thursday and today at Shaker Plant. The lines put down by Tlessard, Kvalve, Zinc, and Ianr33 really make the dive easy. North side takes you down to 88' (current lake level 650') past large support timbers, vertical pipe, pipe following line, and other timbers. West side takes you over the ledge and down past support timbers and large rock pile, depth to 80'. Driftwood provided top-side and Shaker site support. Still searching for the impellor Scubashawn has on video.

Temps: 68* surface to max. depth (no thermocline).
Vis: 5'-7'

Lake Texoma ~
The Texas side at Butterfly Cove in Eisenhower State Park.
Vis : You can just see your fin tips.
Temp: 58 to 60 degrees F.
Dark deeper then 20 feet and lots of rocks and stumps and a few fish still around too.
My kind of dive.

2 dives from the Giant Stride
Temp: 68 on the surface, 66 at 88'
Vis: 3-5'
I was out working on buoyancy with my drysuit, trying to figure out how to keep my feet from floating over my head. It was really nice having the lines to follow.

JamesR, if you're reading this, vis was 20', temp 80 degrees :rofl3::rofl3:

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom