Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7/26 - Mammoth Lake
Viz was really bad, maybe 5' - very warm at the surface, and a pretty sharp thermocline around 30ffw. We wore 3mm and hooded vests to go inside the C130 where it was pitch black and silty. Not the most fun we've had there, but nice folks at the shop and we still had a good time.

8/2/15 - Blue Lagoon, Huntsville

Lagoon 1 Viz was great - 10-15 ft. Water a very warm 83. Early morning not too hot with all the shade available.

Remember to make reservations in advance here and arrive early. We arrived a little after 8:00 am and the swimmers, who cannot get access until noon, were already lined up to get in.
Get your dives in early before the viz gets worse.

Dove Lake Amistad August 8th, Saturday. Water temperature 83 degrees, visibility 5 to 10 feet. Depth between 30 to 50 feet. Not much to see but I had a great... time diving. Dive buddy Derrick. Whenever I come back home from scuba diving, I come back so relaxed and stress free. I feel like I can handle whatever problems life brings. Derrick was a great dive buddy. We took care of each other. I have been diving for 26 years and plan to keep diving for a very long time, God willing. Happy Diving!

Rene,
Dive Master

Blue Lagoon, 15 Aug - 91 degree bath water, viz 15' in most places, a little lower in a few spots that had been stirred up. I love diving this time of year!

Saturday 10-10-15 8:30am
Lake Travis

Divers – paulw Bill OGrady
Water Temp 79 (from 0-45ft) 72 (from 45-85ft) 51 (below 85)
Max Depth - 128'
Vis to 45' - 3 to 5'
Vis 45' to 75' 20 + feet
Vis below 110 --- SPECTACULAR !! Gin clear as far as our lights would shine.

We had two outstanding dives Saturday morning, here is a short video of one dive.

[video=youtube;p8jDLzH75Ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jDLzH75Ro[/video]

Nice video...

Twin Lakes, Oct 31st. Temp was 75 degrees down to 33' and dropped 5 or so degrees below that. Viz was surprisingly good given the overcast day and steady rains - 8-10' for most of the dive, a little lower near the training platforms.

Toledo Bend - 7 Nov
The lake itself (South Toledo Bend State Park boat ramp) - 70 degrees, 1-2' viz, lol.
Turbine channel - also 70 degrees, 7-10' viz. Viz would probably be much better on a day that wasn't rainy & cloudy.

11/21/2015

Mansfield Dam - Lake Travis

Surface Temp 70 degrees, got as low as 60 at depth of 110'

Visibility at 60-70' was about 10-12', but <10' at 100'+

Back
Top Bottom