Dive Curaçao Update: Coronavirus on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yet we have this;
Government reprimands CHATA: beach not yet freely accessible
:( I hope things clear up a bit more in the “days” to come!

Hmmm, I wonder if the Beach Police will notice me crossing the beach with full PPE (scuba) and disappearing below the surface in front of All West Apartments (including my exfil, of course)?

Even Bill Maher acknowledges that the beach is one of the safest places to be to avoid SARS 2 (not that I consider him to be an expert, but then the data proves that Fauci's "science" was mostly BS, so there).

Julie at Go West just wrote that she hopes the beach restriction issue will be cleared up tomorrow. She believes that more restrictions will be lifted in the coming weeks. She has space for Cathy and I on their boat and their boats will be operating.

cheers,
m

Bill Maher is an idiot who managed to catch Covid even after being vaccinated, the science has worked everyplace that followed it but like tossing your umbrella during a rainstorm because you’re not wet…

Bill Maher is an idiot who managed to catch Covid even after being vaccinated, the science has worked everyplace that followed it but like tossing your umbrella during a rainstorm because you’re not wet…

I did not mean to start a hissy fit on this thread. I thought Bill did a good job of criticizing both sides. The data is clear, the appeal to authority, or "the science" was not always correct and did do some harm. Also, saying that SARS 2 was not deadly to those with major comorbidities is equally stupid. Both sides made mistakes. Now we know because we have real hard data. One year ago, we did not know, either way!

I can't wait to get on one of Curacao's beaches because they are beautiful and relatively safe in terms of communicable diseases. That was my point, I did not think it would derail the thread.

Sorry for taking us down a rabbit trail!
markm

I did not mean to start a hissy fit on this thread. I thought Bill did a good job of criticizing both sides. The data is clear, the appeal to authority, or "the science" was not always correct and did do some harm. Also, saying that SARS 2 was not deadly to those with major comorbidities is equally stupid. Both sides made mistakes. Now we know because we have real hard data. One year ago, we did not know, either way!

I can't wait to get on one of Curacao's beaches because they are beautiful and relatively safe in terms of communicable diseases. That was my point, I did not think it would derail the thread.

Sorry for taking us down a rabbit trail!
markm
At least you’ve been vaccinated (me too) and that makes it even safer, I was, still am hoping for some testing relief for being vaccinated, like skipping the 72 hour pre test and just doing the antigen test on arrival but it is what it is so long as they fully open the beaches for diving I’m ok with it.

I totally agree with your last post!

Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen because the vaccine creates antibodies for the spike protein and not the nucleus. The nucleus can still replicate. "The science" does not know if, or for how long we may be shedding viral loads to others even with the vaccine (Bill Maher is an example--he feels fine but may be contagious--that is why he missed a show). With the vaccine, your body still needs to create the antibody that kills/consumes the nucleus.

I have a firm belief (from my doctor's opinion) that I had SARS-2. I may have both antibodies now. The long term data will someday indicate that I may not shed the virus when infected because of having both antibodies. Who knows! Time will tell.

cheers,
markm

Beaches are definitely open now and Restaurants are allowed to operate until 10pm now. Things are getting better!

Thanks for posting the good news!

Three weeks and counting! We are getting excited.

cheers,
markm

From Dive Curacao:
  • "Private and charter boats can allow up to 50% of the boat’s capacity. Only background music is allowed to be played on boats. (see below for more information)"
Now I know why concerts have been cancelled. The loud music must be a transmission vehicle for SARS-2! Who knew? Or, does loud music weaken our immune systems? Dunno!

I know, just shut-up and listen to our masters, because "the science says!"

cheers,
m
PS: Just proving absurdity by being absurd.

I'm on the island right now. All cool. It's fairly slow but starting to pickup with more Dutch families coming. Shops are open. Some restaurants have limited hours and/or days. So far I've had to wear mask in the airport and supermarkets. Water is warm, weather of good. Island is open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom