Dive Flag Awareness Event FL Statewide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Report from various east coast ramps.
I got to Lake Park Marina a little before 8:00 am. One trailer in the parking lot but I think he was there for long term parking. Didn't look too promising but I did get the guy who was running the marina to put the brochure on the bulletin board out front.

I headed south to Phil Foster (Blue Heron Bridge) ramp and was greeted by a couple of volunteers from Scubaboard; unfortunately I forgot their names but they are local so I'm sure somebody will recognize them. I think they were seeing a few boats but generally pretty slow. They did have a reel nice setup next to the dive flag sign. These signs should be at every ramp.
IMG_0201.jpg

Collecting signatures:
IMG_0197.jpg

Next stop was Curry Park. I ran into some Spearboard volunteers and found them in great spirits despite the lack of even one boat. Based on some of the boating blunders I've seen at Curry park over the years this will definitely be an important ramp to bring awareness to on a busy day.

Good job everybody.

-Jeff

Thanks for posting the pictures. That's Denise and I at Blue Heron. We had about 20 signatures total but over half of those were from divers. We wrapped up at 9 AM and I went for a dive with a couple of buddies. As I walked up and down the groups of divers setting up many asked why we weren't at the boat ramp and afterwards a reporter showed up about 1 PM wanting to take pictures but by that time our volunteer effort that started at 7:30 AM was well on our way to warm up.

I hope to see you at the next one.

I was happy to have participated in the event at Jupiter (Burt Reynolds Park). What's crazy is that a film crew came and I was on the news! I want to thank those from Scuba Works for helping me get to the parks and to allow me to be a part of their dive family for the day!

Carolyn:shark2:

I was happy to have participated in the event at Jupiter (Burt Reynolds Park). What's crazy is that a film crew came and I was on the news! I want to thank those from Scuba Works for helping me get to the parks and to allow me to be a part of their dive family for the day!

Carolyn,

Thank you so much for making the 6 hour drive from GA to take part in the DFA Event. The basket and donation to Rob and family was very generous also. Thanks also for being a strong advocate while at the boat ramp. The news story came out great! We are getting the word out one boater at a time and it is people like you that will make it happen. Next time you come down, please go diving with us and we will show you plenty of sharks.

Staff at Scuba Works

You got a deal! I hope to be heading down again in the next few months and would be honored to get into the water with y'all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom