Dive Flag Needed for Shore Dives Brockville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Sam Miller III - I don't know if it will improve, but here in New York, they are implementing a mandatory boater course for everyone who operates motorboats by 2025. Right now, a class is required for those born after 1996. I can only hope it makes a better awareness. Sharing a river with our Canadian brethren (where this video was taken), I hope something is done there too.

As a note, it should be pointed out that while I am a huge fan of the flag, I don't tow it when I go cave diving! :D :D :D If you can encounter a boat, a flag is essential. In Florida, FWC is the agency responsible for Dive Flag Awareness and I have volunteered many an hour to support that effort.

ALL Ontario boaters /operators HAVE to take a course to get a licensed (including jet skiers ) it does have a section on dive flags (both of them ) in it .....but a moron is a moron license or not

yep

Yep, saw them while training with you this year.

No different than our morons...

Oh, I forgot about that. We were in the water and some boater came danged close to the float with the dive flag. Grrr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom