Dive Gear Express Rubber LOW PRESSURE HOSE RECALL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martincohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
From February 1, 2018 until July 31, 2019, Dive Gear Express sold Rubber LOW PRESSURE hoses to consumers individually and in regulator packages without any brand name identification.

Please examine your rubber low pressure hose female fitting that screws into the regulator second stage. On affected hoses, the crimp of that flex fitting is stamped with a manufacturing date code:

D0218 (February 2018) through D0918 (September 2018).

3f8e5866-977d-4ca9-9e58-71db705904f1.jpg

If you have one of these rubber low pressure hoses, we recommend that you immediately stop using it.

DGX is sending out emails to customers that have purchased an item being recalled to get refunds or replacements. Contact Dive Gear Express for info.

Just got that email myself. I have ordered quite a few from them so I'll be checking tonight.

So recall due to defect leading to a potential failure? Where, in the hose, crimping, attachment?

Email doesn't say what the failure is. Instructions are to cut hose at end with factory marking and email them a picture of cut hose and completed form and they will either refund or replace, up to consumer.

I emailed “mark” who sent the email several hours ago. I asked what the nature of the problem was. No response yet.

I have two that are part of the recall. I spoke with someone there and they said they were not told what the problem was. They also stated that there had been no reported failures. I was told 2-3 weeks for replacement, and I had to show proof of destruction before they would complete the process.
0F0275C3-C0F6-4A62-8BB8-010A06C628FC.jpeg

I have one. But luckily I live 2 miles away and will probably just go there tomorrow and have them replace it. :D

New From February 1, 2018 until July 31, 2019

But that part makes no sense, July 31 2019 has not even happened yet. :confused: They probably meant June 2019?

But that part makes no sense, July 31 2019 has not even happened yet. :confused: They probably meant June 2019?

There is only a 2 digit month code and 2 digit year. So all July 2019 would have the same code. My guess is the manufacture figured out this week that something was wrong in production and whatever process changed, new tooling, or whatever started Feb ‘18.

Thanks for the thread. I have some of their hoses that fall into the recall, but haven't got an email yet.
Seeing as I live in 'straya i guess it might be worth order some more toys...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom