Dive gear for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What dive gear did you get or give for Christmas? I found a conshelf 21 reg set for my 13 year old son that matches my set. It also came with a sherwood the source computer that i will need to change the battery on, powers on but is hard to see the numbers and says low battery. Hopefully i can change the battery my self and use as a back up. Regs and pressure gague look to be in great shape, and the best part is it only cost $25 on craigslist.

I bought a Shearwater Petrel 2 for myself. But I did ask for several other things

I received a dive light (with batteries and charger), wet notes, dive knife, and a scuba-themed tree ornament.

I'm giving my 11 year goddaughter a pool Discover Scuba class for Christmas. She's very excited (I talked to her parents, who asked her). I have the PADI DSD booklet wrapped for her to open tomorrow. Her parents are delighted with the gift.

I didn't ask for any specific dive gear this year but my husband gifted me a Biolite camp stove with a kettle and grill so I can have hot chocolate and snacks after dives. It's really neat, you can use sticks and acorns for fuel instead of worrying about picking up some butane. It even has a thermocouple so you can charge things and came with a light. It's very compact too.

It would have been nice if he bought me a rebreather, but I'm not ready for rebreather training yet so I'll give him that as an excuse. I'm sure in a year or two I'll find one under the Christmas tree LOL

I bought myself a p valve for my drysuit as a present to myself though :)

14 dives in cozumel for me, the wifey and daughter last week :)

newly certified daughter is getting:

DSS SS Plate
Deep6 30# wing
harness, crotch stap & bits
Log Book
cam bands
nifty top mounted carry handle
Jim Lapenta's book #2
small mesh bag
slap strap (long curly hair issues)

Wife is getting:

new log book (filled her old one) & binder
carry handle
hybrid reel/spool
small mesh bag

I got:

two sets of dry suit thermals
carry handle
line arrows
talc bag
small mesh bag
storage/tool bag for my transfill hose
"skull" line stops for my reels & spools

"Santa" also got me a pair of display stands for my DH regs.

Getting myself a new Drysuit in the new year but nothing dive related for Christmas.
Unless you count thermal socks and a hip flask.

Back
Top Bottom