Dive gear questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello group!
I am considering options for a regulator setup. What are thoughts about SPG console with computer and compass attached or is it better to have either the compass or computer attached to the wrist?

Thanks!

Hello group!
I am considering options for a regulator setup. What are thoughts about SPG console with computer and compass attached or is it better to have either the compass or computer attached to the wrist?

Thanks!

Personally I prefer compass on a bungee as I find it easier for precision navigation. Attached to SPG or wrist means I can’t always line it up properly, especially in a drysuit. For rough nav I use the compass on my computer so effectively a wrist mount

I agree that it is more useful to have a compass away from the wrist, for more accuracy. I prefer to take bearings like I do on land, typically at arm's length . . .

I don't think it matters. I use a wrist computer (and watch) and my compass is part of my console (with SPG & deapth). Works fine for 14+ years.

I have a standard SPG which is boltnsnapped to my left D-ring on my harness. I have a computer on my right arm which has a compass but if I need complex nav, I also have a analog compass which is clipped off to my chest D-ring and I unclip and hold at arm length when needed.

Hello group!

Thanks!
I prefer a compass off of the wrist and a computer on the wrist. It is much easier to use one off of the wrist. You get better control and easier to keep your heading straight when it's not attached to you. Not only do I have a computer on my wrist I also have an integrated computer as well incase either one fails. I also have my compass with my integrated computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom