Dive House Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SusanMarie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
We are going to Coz for 10 days in two weeks. We have been referred to Dive House for our diving. But I haven't seen one word about them on this site or on Trip Advisor. That has me concerned.
Does anyone know anything about this op?
Thank you,
Irene

Hello all,
We are going to Coz for 10 days in two weeks. We have been referred to Dive House for our diving. But I haven't seen one word about them on this site or on Trip Advisor. That has me concerned.
Thank you,
Irene
Big boats, lots of divers. If you don't mind that, then they are OK.

Big boats, lots of divers. If you don't mind that, then they are OK.
Ooooh a slow cattle boat. What's not to love !!

Hello all,
Thank you,
Irene

There are over 200 reviews on Trip Advisor:

Dive House (Cozumel, Mexico): Top Tips Before You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

Their website is divehouse.com

I've stayed at Casa del Mar since they've become the "house op". I didn't use their services. CDM allows outside dive ops to use their pier for pick-up, etc. Also, CDM allows guests to use the dive locker room which is part of the Dive House onsite dive shop. At different times, it was obvious that some of the Dive House personnel were not impressed that I wasn't diving with them. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think Dive House has the palapa at the end of the pier and the dive facility in the concrete building on the pier. Del Mar Aquatics used to have their shop in that spot. There was a transition period when the palapa was some kind of dive concierge and repped 3 different shops and then I think it became Dive House and then Del Mar Aquatics was still in the building, but the last time I was there, I think it was all Dive House. Dive House is a big machine. I would expect that kind of experience.

Depending on boat, usualy limit to 12 divers per vessel.

They have one 8 pax, book that early if you want a faster boat.

Check website for 411.

Thank you all very much, I did eventually find them on Trip Advisor, but I'm very grateful for your input. We do NOT dive on cattle boats, so we will meet with them the first day and let them know we will not be in any parties greater than 8. We have two other guys we've hooked up with in Cozumel and will be giving them a call. If they can't do our dives, then I have seen some great recommendations for other ops on this forum. Thanks again!

Thank you all very much, I did eventually find them on Trip Advisor, but I'm very grateful for your input. We do NOT dive on cattle boats, so we will meet with them the first day and let them know we will not be in any parties greater than 8. We have two other guys we've hooked up with in Cozumel and will be giving them a call. If they can't do our dives, then I have seen some great recommendations for other ops on this forum. Thanks again!

How was Dive House on your recent trip?

Wife wants to book CDM and I'm leaning towards outside dive operators.

Wife wants to book CDM and I'm leaning towards outside dive operators.

I have stayed at Casa Del Mar numerous times, and I like the hotel. TIP: Upgrade to a Superior Room, the Standard Rooms are all at the back, overlooking the Parking Lot, are smaller, and, IMO, a bit shoddy. My preference is a ground level floor on the Garden, so I can just step off the little patio and walk to the pool for a quick dip, a long swim, or an afternoon siesta by the pool without trekking through the Lobby. I still hang my wet dive gear on the patio, and have never had a problem with anything being taken. Some people prefer upper level rooms with a private balcony for greater security of hanging dive gear or for a better view, but that means going through the Lobby every time you leave the room - up to you. It serves a decent breakfast, included with the room, though it doesn't start until 7:00 a.m., and its sometimes a little late getting started, so if your dive pickup is at 7:30 or 7:45, you'll be rushed.

I've NEVER used Dive House, as I too hate cattle boats. Most times I've stayed at CDM I've been with a group where we all used Dive with Martin, and I highly recommend DWM. It's convenient, an easy walk down to the International Pier to drop off your dive gear when you first arrive, and DWM will keep and rinse your gear (sort of - you pack up gear in a mesh bag at the end of the dive trip, and the whole bag will be dunked in a rinse tank and hung to dry until the next day), and pick you up at the CDM pier. And DWM has some excellent DMs (though my favorite, Miguel Estrella, who I dove with many times, left DWM about 18 months ago). While I like DWM as an excellent bargain operator, if I'm picking my own dive op, I'll go with Aldora, as I LOVE the HP Steel 120 tanks - DWM offers AL 80s, and you can upgrade to AL 100 for an extra charge, but if you want Nitrox, its AL 80 only - the long dives, the long surface intervals at a beach club, the excellent DMs, and the valet service. Aldora will also pick up at CDM pier, as will other downtown dive ops.

Do you know where Miguel is now? I met him many years ago when he was with Pelagic Ventures. Very nice guy.

Do you know where Miguel is now? I met him many years ago when he was with Pelagic Ventures. Very nice guy.

He's doing free lance. He is on FaceBook, so you can search for his page. Try this phone no. 987-87-118-81

He is a very nice guy, and a really good DM - at least for my tastes. He'll watch this over you if he thinks you need it, but when he's comfortable that you know what you are doing, he'll leave you alone to do your own thing. He's very relaxed, very good at spotting and pointing out some small things you might never find on your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom