Dive in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claxorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I've a question for some that have had an experience to dive in Belize.
I'm going to go to belize city with carnival cruise ship. But I would like to dive with a dive shop in San Pedro Ambergris caye. which is distant and different from what the Carnival offer. what do you think it could be possible time wise?
Thank you for the answer.

I would talk with the dive op and see when they anticipate being done and back. While on the same cruise line but heading to the Bahamas...I found a place online (Stuart Cove) and didn't book through the cruise line (they didn't book with that dive op and I wanted to do the shark feed). But I judged the time we were to be back and added an extra hour just in case. We ended up arriving back about 30 minutes late. In their defense they did have an earlier bus heading back to the docks, I was just not done shopping yet. :)
Just remember, if you do not book through the cruise line and miss the boat...It is up to you to find your transportation to the next port.

Enjoy your cruise! When do you leave?

Yes I did talk with dive, but I discovered that is in san Pedro quite far from Belize city it's quite risky diving with them eventhou it could be more fun.
We go in may the first week. Do you suggest some specific location that you tried?

How long are you in Belize City?

Do you suggest some specific location that you tried?

Sorry... I can't help you there.. I haven't been fortunate to visit there yet! I am hoping to be there this summer.. so you can give me some pointers! :)

Belize is different from most locales when it comes to cruise ships and diving.

You need to book through carnival.

unfortunatlly only one day, since we arrive in morning at 8:00 am and we leave at 5:00 pm
do you have any suggestions?

Been there, done that. Took the Carnival Cruise to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize an Cozumel. Belize you need to book through the cruise line.

The Dive operator will pick you up at the cruise ship 4 miles from shore. If you do not book the SCUBA dive through the curise ship you will have to take the tender (which will not leave until sometime after the dive operator has picked up the passengers who booked through the cruise ship to shore, then take transporation to the dive opeator then go by boat to the dive site. Dive operators who are not contracted with the cruise line are not allowed to pick you up at the cruise ship. In short, given the short time you are there, you will need the whole day to do the two dives. It was a well run operation in 2008 when I took the cruise.

Been there, done that. Took the Carnival Cruise to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize an Cozumel. Belize you need to book through the cruise line.

The Dive operator will pick you up at the cruise ship 4 miles from shore. If you do not book the SCUBA dive through the curise ship you will have to take the tender (which will not leave until sometime after the dive operator has picked up the passengers who booked through the cruise ship to shore, then take transporation to the dive opeator then go by boat to the dive site. Dive operators who are not contracted with the cruise line are not allowed to pick you up at the cruise ship. In short, given the short time you are there, you will need the whole day to do the two dives. It was a well run operation in 2008 when I took the cruise.

Exactly - in Belize you have to book through the cruise line...............

unfortunatlly only one day, since we arrive in morning at 8:00 am and we leave at 5:00 pm
do you have any suggestions?

You'd have to move fast but you could go catch a boat to Caye Caulker and do a dive or two there. Take the boat back.
My son had to fly home (heading back south) once and had done a dive just before flying. yeah, stupid. But the pilot was really cooperative on Tropic. He flew at about 200 feet all the way to Belize City. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom