Dive Insurance... DAN America vs DAN Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gizbar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be moving from the US to Israel for four years and plan to keep diving while there. I currently have insurance with DAN Americas, which expires in July. I can't figure out whether I should renew that membership or switch to DAN Europe.... DAN Americas tells me I should buy DAN Europe insurance because I will physically be living in Israel for a long duration, while DAN Europe tells me I should buy insurance where I am a citizen (DAN Americas). Anyone have any experience with this dilemma? Thanks!

on DAN Europe's website it states:
"If you reside or are citizen of a country comprised in the following areas: Geographic Europe, the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea, the Middle East and the countries bordering the Persian Gulf, the countries bordering the Indian Ocean north of the equator including Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar as well as the related overseas territories, districts and protectorates of these countries."

So, If you are going to have a permanent address in Israel it would be ok with DAN Europe

When looking at the American website it seems to be that you need to have your primary residence in US/Canada:

"DAN provides coverage only for people who have their principal primary residence in the United States or Canada. If you live in another country, refer to the International DAN organizations."

DAN Europe - Top 10 FAQs
Join DAN — Scuba Diving Membership — DAN | Divers Alert Network

So it seems to be a mater of where you have your "principal primary residence"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom