Dive Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, now that would be interesting. you are a size 10/12 ladies and are 5' 9". I have a 52 inch chest and am 6 foot.
your BCD is a small, mine is XXL

I am a size 10 actually....darling!!!!!:grrr: And dont mention that suit I have that is a size 12 - its a frummy suit!!!

As for the 52 inch chest darling....I can dream cant i!

And the XXL darling.....i have xxl....double extra luggage that is!!!!

This is a size 10 girlie, with a chest she'd like to be 52 inches and has lots of luggage.....signing off !

-x-abby-x-

You Menz have forgotten one of the most important and versatile tools available.....Duct Tape! I keep a small flat package of black duct tape in my tool box along with.....
Allen Wrenches for plugs
Open ended wrenches
pliers
small piece of suede/chamois
O-rings - for yoke and DIN
small jar of silicone gel
brass fish hook with the barb filed off (dental pick works too)
inflator hose adaptor
DIN to yoke adaptor
DIN take fill adaptor
small pinlight
spare mouthpiece
fin straps
marking pen
erasor
spare Dive Rite pencil

Originally posted by Dee
You Menz have forgotten one of the most important and versatile tools available.....Duct Tape!

Didn't forget... I got a whole roll hanging from my BC. (Used to keep it on my weight belt until I remembered that I might have to ditch my weight belt in an emergency. Can't loose the the Duct Tape :D)

"I mean she could have had 2 handsom guys...wait I just saw a picture of butch make that one hehehehe "

Don't be so hard on yourself Syruss. One day you will grow up to be as beautiful as me hehehe

Butch :peace:

PS Mom liked me better..............

Okay we have had some good feedback, so here is pretty much the summation of a good dive kit:

Allen wrenches (for the plugs on the first stage)
Batteries (For Computer)
Batteries (For the light)
Appropriate Tool For O-Ring Removale (metal may scratch metal surface behind o-ring)
Duct Tape
Erasor
Extra Fin Strap
Extra Mask
Marking Pen
Misc Tools that help with field repairs
Mouthpiece
O-Ring kit (2 of these in one little box so I have extras)
Plastic Wire Ties
Plyers
Silicon Grease
Spare Dive Rite Pencil
Various Clips and Attachments
wooden artist tool (or similar) to help put new O-rings in
Wrenches to loosen/tighten the different fittings on my reg

Is there other things that would be very beneficial in a dive it?

Folks,

I am not a fan of dental picks for removing o-rings because you run the risk of scoring the metal surface. Sea & Sea makes a plastic o-ring removal tool (overpriced) that I like to use.

Joewr...

Originally posted by joewr
Folks,

I am not a fan of dental picks for removing o-rings because you run the risk of scoring the metal surface. Sea & Sea makes a plastic o-ring removal tool (overpriced) that I like to use.

Joewr...

That's why I use a brass fish hook. I was taught to use like on like (brass on brass) when dealing with metals. If not, the stronger metal will damage the weaker one. I forgot about the S&S o-ring remover. I have a spare one I'll throw in the kit.

That said, I usually use my fingernails to remove o-rings. :p

I include two quarters for the phone call

I guess we now need two dive bags.

1) actual dive gear regs, suit fins etc. and then another
2) for all the extra as Syruss has listed.

Hmm, I can see another post for the "What gear have you forgotten thread".

Doh I forgot my bag.
hehe

Butch :peace:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom