Dive Knife position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by diver30
Hi i think carrying a woppa of a knife on your leg is stupid one it is mainly ur legs that get tangled so you would have to go throw all the net and risk further entanglement and to it causes alot of drag. my opinion is to have it on my wing harness on ur belley as if it wear a gun so u can get at it easy and its neat and out the way and if u have a jacket style bcd u can have a bit of strap added to make it fit there.

Wow! Now those were some run-on sentences! :wink:

Although, I do pretty much agree with you.

I carry a z-knife, one of the small ones, on my webbing harness. There is really nothing else I would need when I cave dive. I also carry a shear in my thigh pocket for any other diving I do. I do own a larger knife though. I only take it if I feel that I am going to need to pry on something or dig, which has only been twice. I don't use it for it's intended purposes.

i own a humungus one 2 but as u said i only use it when digging or to open things etc.. but my little one which i waer has a rope cutter etc so its all u need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom