Dive knife, Sea Snips, or both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for linking the thread. I read the entire thing. I went ahead and registered for an MMSI as they discussed. So I'm good to go if I do come up on one of these. Considering its a 9 digit number, there are 1 billion possibilities. I'm going to assume thats more than enough to cover all divers and vessels in existence considering there is only 7 billion people alive.

OK..., I see this being a problem: If you find a new one, you're set. If you find a used one, you will need to send it back to Nautilus to be reset. Have you asked Nautilus if they will do so?

I found a new unused one for sale on eBay (first gen). Why would it have had to have been reset anyways? Just curious.

I found a new unused one for sale on eBay (first gen). Why would it have had to have been reset anyways? Just curious.

Check out the Nautilus website. I'm pretty sure it says that, if the MMSI number needs to be reset, then it needs to be sent back to Nautilus. It can't be user reset.

I guess I'll have to hope that it truly is unused as it was advertised. It said the charging cord is still in its plastic wrap. And I believe the charging chord is also the USB chord you connect it to the computer with. If not, I'll just have to send it back to the manufacturer and ask the seller for a partial refund.

I got the unit today. It is in fact new and unused. It did not have an MMSI assigned. I have gone ahead and assigned mine to it. I'm stoked.

Congratulations. Practice up on how to use it, and I hope you never have to. Remember to store it with the case top open and the antenna unfolded.

Thanks for the info. I just read through the entire manual, and saw that noted. I'm glad it was pointed out, because I would have stored it closed. Its not too difficult to use, but reading the manual made it much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom