Dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mapb

Reaction score
I am currently using an olympus 5050 in the olympus PT015 housing with Inon 180 strobe. My question is a want a good dive light that is small and powerful for daylight use and night time use. I want to mount it on my strobe arm on a retractor that I can use for looking in dark places and holes. I currently have an Ikelite, but it is not powerful enough in the daylight. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Yuzo at www.uwdigitalcamera.com has a LCD focussing light that actually attaches to the stribe diffuser plate and is surprisingly bright and very cheap. This would be the easiest way to go as juggling a dive light in one hand with a camera in the other can be tricky.

A. Wiggs.

I'm going to make a tray for my PT-015 with a latch clip for my Nite Rider, on dark dives the light head has been on my wrist but I want to be able to unclip it and move it to the camera.

On tropical night dives I often just use the focusing light in my INON D-180 strobe as my only light. I don't mind it being a little dim, and it means less to carry and avoids the hot-spot in the middle of your pictures when you forget to turn off or re-point a separate dive light.

Of course, if I didn't do most of my night dives from a boat with 8-10 people, I might feel differently about not having a very bright light.

mapb:
I am currently using an olympus 5050 in the olympus PT015 housing with Inon 180 strobe. My question is a want a good dive light that is small and powerful for daylight use and night time use. I want to mount it on my strobe arm on a retractor that I can use for looking in dark places and holes. I currently have an Ikelite, but it is not powerful enough in the daylight. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

I attach an SQL 4 and 6 to my tray using velco to stablize and tie wraps to hold it...
I have a side space available on the tray to put it there.
I did notice that there are clamps available for lites at the "Strobe Arms Dealers" sorry forget the name, but the ones that look like lattice work with balls and clamps at each end.. anyway, they have an attachment for lights.. other wise, try using just velcro and tie wrap (steal fishing line as a safety line) around the arms/tray for a SQL4 and it seems to work just fine..
Pic below?? if it works..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom