Dive Log Software Compatible with the Lynx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmkahlan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys and gals,

I recall seeing on LV's old site that they listed a few Dive Log software applications that would work with the Lynx. I don't see the links to the dive log software anymore.

What Dive Log software applications are out there that will work with the Lynx and what are the pros and cons to each.

Subsurface will open the lvd files from LV's software. Roundabout way to do things but does work ..

The team behind Subsurface is now in the process of developing an Android version of their software. Not sure about iOS. The new version of the desktop version looks like it will bring lots of useful upgrades.

Diving Log 6.0 is one of the best I tried, really complete and can read liquivision files

A bit late to this thread but just found it as I was looking for something else. On the Mac, Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT will download directly from the Lynx (and other models) and will also import existing LVD format log files. Liquivision was very helpful and generous and helped us get this working. We used to be listed on the Liquivision website but I haven't checked up on that lately so maybe it's gone.

And our desktop software will of course sync with Dive Log for iOS.

Contact us directly if you have any questions,
Janice
More Mobile Software - Home of your digital scuba logbook

There is currently a bug with logs exported from LV's dive manager. Most 3rd party dive apps fail on import (I think all). This may just be due to me having some side mount logs stored but was a big issue for me. BUT DiveMate is able to import from the Lynx directly (using the LV computer connector) and does a great job (at least with Android devices). Ot also allows for subsurface export for my PC and carries most of the needed data. Worth checking out!!

I also still think LV needs to dump their proprietary dive log app and just put some time into getting subsurface to support their computers. Would be a big cheap win for LV if they did it, then let the community support it after that and people would be happier I think :) My 2cents.

Back
Top Bottom