Dive Log Template - MS Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a pretty solid start. I think drop-down options would be nice for entries like Dive Type, Entry, Salt/Fresh, and a few more. Of course, that's easily done by anyone who wants to use your template.

How are you intending to use this; create a separate sheet for each dive?

I really wish that MS Access was more readily available, your format would be great for creating a DB and Form. (I have Access, but I know it's not as widely available or easy for many folks to use....)

Here's a simple dive log template that I created and use. It will automatically calculate your SAC, RSV, PSI per min. @ average depth and time available @ average depth.

Dive Log Template.xlsx

Should line 37 state RSV or RMV?

-Z

Here's a simple dive log template that I created and use. It will automatically calculate your SAC, RSV, PSI per min. @ average depth and time available @ average depth.

Dive Log Template.xlsx
The advantage of an electronic log is the ability to analyse information across dives. From the layout you’ve used I think you will have one dive per tab. That isn’t the easiest format to analyse information, you will find you’ll have loads of tabs. If you made each field a column header, then each dive could be recorded on a row - much easier for analysing.

Have a look at the one I use, attached.

Attachments

• Div_log - 2019.xlsx
    4.3 MB · Views: 546
The advantage of an electronic log is the ability to analyse information across dives. From the layout you’ve used I think you will have one dive per tab. That isn’t the easiest format to analyse information, you will find you’ll have loads of tabs. If you made each field a column header, then each dive could be recorded on a row - much easier for analysing.

Have a look at the one I use, attached.
That's a good idea...I like your format.

It would be interesting to integrate your work into a database such microsoft access, where one can generate reports to pull and look at data.

I have not used access in very many years so I am way out of date on developing databases but you may be able to import your spreadsheet to use as the primary table of the databased file.

I think, though, that you will find that this is already accomplished to one degree or another with programs/applications like DM5, Subsurface, and others.

SAC and RMV are estimated based on dive time, average depth, and the difference between starting pressure and end pressure...if one uses an AI computer they use data from the computer to provide more accurate calculations/info.

-Z

That's a good idea...I like your format.
The main tab becomes the database table, analysis can be done on additional tabs. This year the sea tempreture has been lower then the previous years (no diving during COVID-19),

Temperature.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom