Dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you show me your own dive log .maybe if you have your own pictures of dives inside. i want to make my own and i need ideas.

Can you show me your own dive log .maybe if you have your own pictures of dives inside. i want to make my own and i need ideas.

Here's a screenshot of my dive book showing my last dive. Notice how it shows the dive profile in detail in an easy to understand graphic format, and includes automatic calculation of my SAC rate because I imported the data directly from my air integrated dive computer. Logbook data is stored securely in the cloud, but I also have a local file on my hard drive containing the information so if I should lose access to the internet or the manufacturer suddenly evaporates, I'm still good. Also the dives can be exported to a spreadsheet or to a format that can be imported into other digital logbooks. And, you can download an app for your smartphone and have all your dives right at your fingertips which is very convenient should you want to show it to a dive operator, look up a previous dive, check what weights you used, if you were cold using whatever exposure protection at whatever temperature, etc.

Check out all the dive flags on the map, it's cool to see all the places you've dived in the world.

Paper logbooks? Meh, that's old school. They can get lost, wet (so you can't write in them until it's dry), damaged, stolen (not that anyone would want it but sometimes it's in a bag with stuff somebody DOES want).

This one is called Subsurface and you can't beat the cost of FREE.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 227
This is one that I did up after getting some ideas around Scubaboard. I did it in PowerPoint and saved it as a PDF.

+1 for Subsurface. It's what I use. Even if you can't download directly from you DC, you can manually enter your dive data. But download is better if you can. If your DC isn't AI, when you enter you start and end air pressures, it will still calculate your SAC rate. On the mobile app, you can enter your dive info, save to the cloud, and then download to your home computer.

Check out the custom log designer at www.divelogs.com for great ideas. You may even break down and buy a custom one from them

If your DC isn't AI, when you enter you start and end air pressures, it will still calculate your SAC rate.

How the heck can Subsurface accurately calculate your SAC rate if it only knows the start and end pressure- it doesn't know the amount of gas you consume at any particular depth only the total gas consumed over the course of the dive.

How the heck can Subsurface accurately calculate your SAC rate if it only knows the start and end pressure- it doesn't know the amount of gas you consume at any particular depth only the total gas consumed over the course of the dive.
It can't if ALL information is entered manually. What I may not have made clear is that if your DC is not AI, but you can otherwise download the dive profile, then manually enter the start and ending pressures, it will calculate the sac rate. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

EDIT: Actually went back and looked at my early dives that I manually entered from my paper logs and could not download due to the DC being a rental unit. After I entered my dive profile information into Subsurface, it did calculate a SAC rate. Now, whether it is accurate or not, I can't say. But it was in line with what my SAC rate was on other dives at the time when I was able to download the profiles from my DC of the time (Suunto Gekko) and manually enter the start and end pressures.

Old school and proud of it.
Here's two I created in MSWord.
One is for tech, the other for rec.

I've made my own logs for years.
I have them professionally printed and spiral bound. Pages for about two-hundred dives.
When I run out of pages I redesign and improve.

My log books are heavy on equipment record. I use the info to estimate weighting for different configurations. Very useful that way.

I have logged all my dives from day one. Diving is my passion, and these log pages are my history, and my love story.

Attachments

• rec_log_book.jpg
    rec_log_book.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 196
  • tech_log_book.jpg
    tech_log_book.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 151
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom