dive map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I might be moving to the florida area and would like help in finding a book or map of all the dive sites around the state or any islands in the area.
Look forward to meeting new divers.

p.s. thanks Dave/Mr Vegas

You might browse through the North American travel section, or the Florida Conch Divers NDI forum. There's lots of diving opportunities, so you'll need to narrow your scope a touch.

And at the risk of the being miscontrued, may I make an observation? Your post comes across as a bit... blunt... and you may find that a conversational tone works wonders. Of course that's just me, Mr. Vegas...

Whew! Hoped you wouldn't take offense at that one.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! What part of FL are you moving to? I think of moving back in with Mom whenever the weather gets cool.

Jacksonville or Tampa area. My wife is interviewing both places.
I hope Tampa. Also will be looking for a Boat. New to this site so was in a little bit of a hurry and i thank you for your assistance. Will learn as I go

There's an excellent book by Ned DeLoach titled Diving Guide to Underwater Florida. It is is sections according to area, giving maps, dive site diagrams, etc. Local shops in each area have ads. Any sort of diving you want to do in Florida, you can find in this book.

I got my first copy of the U/W Florida book at a local dive shop, so you may look there first. But it's also listed on amazon.com. Yes, I wore the first one out!

We try to drive to Florida every summer and this book was invaluable for deciding ahead of time the type of diving available, where we wanted to end up and what diving we could do along the way. We usually manage to hit some of the springs on the way down and/or back in addition to great offshore dives.

You might also PM Tampascott. He can tell you about the diving available in the Tampa area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom