• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive Mishap Key Largo 1/13/07

Discussion in 'Accidents and Incidents' started by deeper thoughts, Jan 14, 2007.

1. WesTexDiver

WesTexDiver Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99

Bad news, hope she pulls through.

2. MB104

MB104 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    That is what this post was about when it was originally posted. Thanks for getting us back to earth. Enough with this lawyer and cop bashing. We all know that all bad lawyers are just working for the bad cops, because that what they do....take money from whomever will pay them. Lucky for us there are alot more good cops out there than good lawyers.

This post was about a dive accident...lets leave it at that.

3. TxHockeyGuy

TxHockeyGuy Solo Diver

My prayers are with the diver, her family, the crew, and all those involved. I have been involved in an incident (non diving related) where I helped to assist, as did others, in the resuscitation of a victim. For those of you who have not done so, you have no idea what they are going through. All I can do is wish the best to all those involved. May God be with them always.

4. ams511

ams511 Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Do we know what caused her to black out? Did she have a medical condition?

5. Ram4wd

Ram4wd Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I signed up on this board just to wish all involved, especially the lady and her family, well.

6. Jcsgt

Jcsgt Photographer

My thoughts and prayers are with her. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

7. Jcsgt

Jcsgt Photographer

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

8. ShoalDiverSA

ShoalDiverSA Manta Ray

My condolences to you and the family of the deceased.

Best regards,

Andrew

9. deeper thoughts

deeper thoughts Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    God bless her and her family

10. fabasard

fabasard Barracuda

Saving his company from a HUGE lawsuit. Correct me if I am wrong, but those uncertified may NOT be given tanks with air? Now it is true that the wife was under the husbands supervision, second problem. He was not certified to monitor her. We may never know what happened, but the husband takes some of the blame as, as a diver, he should have known better. The company takes blame for renting to him (even if he lied and said it was all for him, when the boat went out and she was with him, they should have asked for her C card and NEVER allowed her to get suited up). I feel for her and her family, but this case needs to be severed and tried with the husband as one defendant and the shop (and the employee) as the other set of defendants. Even I, who would have made a few errors (turned off the air/or left it on, still don't know which is right) but I would have segregated her gear and CERTAINLY wouldn't have washed it with a police officer telling me not to. If anyone should ever have their C cards pulled, its the husband, the dive shop and the instructor who tampered with evidence. God, what an @$$!!!!!!