http://www.diveheart.org/

Dive "mules" needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just discovered this thread & am really sorry to have missed the Blue Dolphin group meeting. If they had been notified it would have been a great opportunity for us. Maybe next year.

For more info about what we're doing in the States for Cruz Roja Cozumel, see "In the USA" at www.cruzrojacozumel.org

Thanks for your support!
Deb

Not to hi-jack but another place in need angelnotion.org (in Playa del Carmen) also is accepting donations.... and they can get weight/luggage limit waivers from the airlines if needed. We haven't had to do that as we just use everyone's max luggage limit, including our young children and elderly parents who are not diving. :) It's AWESOME to see this thread and the great things being done. This thread was not here when I first requested help and challenged divers to help care for the locals where we dive!!

I agree that we can easily help the locals in many locations where we enjoy diving and it would be nice to see more information on what's needed by whom and where. Where that information is available, it's difficult to locate amongst the thousands of threads on thousands of online forums. We need a good PR agent!
Which brings me to the point (sorry, it's late & I'm rambling), I don't know where to find your earlier post and would like to know what the organization does, the kinds of items they find useful, & how to deliver in Playa.
Please advise & Thanks,
Deb

The organization we help in Playa is www.angelnotion.org you can see what they do on the website. They basically provide medical care, and education for kids that need it. They have a school for special needs there in playa as well as a medical clinic. The kinds of things we have taken in the past include baby and child clothing, other baby care items (diapers etc.) school supplies.... but I think they will take most anything. We have just delivered to the school and clinic in person (we usually rent a car in Playa), but I'm sure if you contact Lavonna at Angel Notion, she can help with connecting to get the things. I'm sure there are many other worthy causes in the area as well, this is just one we have decided to focus on. If you have more questions I might be able to answer, please ask. Thanks so much for caring! :)

ps. my original post on this is called something like scubaboard brings smiles... I think netdoc moved it to this forum from whatever hinterlands it resided in previously. lol

Back
Top Bottom