Dive operator in Nuku'alofa, Tonga?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdevic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I booked a 2-night stay in Nuku'alofa in mid-November. I understand it is too late for swimming with the whales but I would like to spend 1 day diving if possible.

I emailed deep blue diving based on google search and tripadvisor reviews, but never got any reply. Is there any other reputable dive shop you would recommend? Or the regular diving there is abysmal and I should just skip it?

I did hear that the equipment there are generally sub-par. should I at least bring my own reg?

Thanks a lot!

I just returned from southwest pacific. It is fair to say that there isn't much to do in and around nuku'alofa. The deep blue diving I contacted was fairly unprofessional in their communications and I would not recommend dealing with them. I ended up renting a car through little italy hotel where I stayed. It took me about 6 hours to explore the entire island. The highlight would be the cave, the blowholes and the beach at the northwest tip of the island as folks suggested here.

Back
Top Bottom