Dive Operator Recommendations (Cozumel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingFun

New
Reaction score
Hello,

We will be docking at Cozumel Internation Cruise Terminal in April from 8am to 6pm.

Could anyone recommend a reputable dive shop that is walking distance or do pickup from the terminal please?

Thank you!

walking distance

Walking north from the terminal, these come to mind. Babieca at El Cid la Ceiba hotel (~10 min walk from stepping off cruise ship) may be the closest - the only reason I mention (not recommend) them. Another 4-5 minute walk gets you to Julio Kin Scuba and Roberta's Scuba Shack (several boats, well organized), both across the street from the Grand Park Royal. Another couple of minutes gets you to Jungle Divers located by the Palmar Condos.

Dive with Martin used to be at the International Pier, but moved to Marina Fonatur during the pandemic - this was supposed to be a temporary move, but I haven't seen anything that says they are back at the pier. They also are usually going out at 7:30 am which may be before you can debark.

Here's the link to several other ops with pretty current info:
Dive ops by jonhall

I strongly recommend Roberta's Scuba Shack, about 2-3 blocks north!

I've dove with Aldora divers many times in Cozumel, but not off a cruise ship. I do know we've often stopped and picked up divers at various docks.

Scuba XOC is the dive shop I used and highly recommend.

It's a 5-10 min walk from the ship to where the cabs are located.
If memory serves me correctly it's about a 10-15 min ride and it's $10 ish dollars, make sure you bring small bills because the taxi drivers may not have change. Most of the dive shops are in the same area.

+1 for Julio Kim. I have dove with him a few times when he would rent himself out to another dive shop, and at his shop. Great guy and fits your bill.

Scuba XOC is the dive shop I used and highly recommend.
I have added them to my spreadsheet Dive ops by jonhall Do you have some current info about them that their website doesn't provide such as tank sizes available, is nitrox available, where surface interval is done, length of dives, do they pick up by boat from other piers, do they provide transportation to/from hotels, do they have a dive shop/location, etc.....?

Ok to direct message me or reply here since it would be good info for OP.

Back
Top Bottom