dive operators in eritrea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leolo

Reaction score
:confused:
i am planning a trip to eritrea in january. does anyone have information regarding travel from ethiopia to reritrea, visa requirements, and most importantly, contact information/advice on dive operators in the area.

any help would be appreciated.
leolo

Currently there is no way to get directly from Ethiopia to Eritrea either by land or air. I have verified this several times with various embassies.The best option I've found is to go to Djibouti and fly to Asmara from there. You will need visa's for all 3 countries probably.
I am also going to this area in January and February. I plan to take the train from Addis Ababa to Djibouti city and then fly to Asmara.
Do you have any more detailed info on diving once you get to Eritrea?

That is a scary article. How horrible for those girls. I can't imagine the horror. I hope the international community will be able to help these people. :box:
It is important that we help this fairly new government in order that they don't feel it necessary to enslave their own people because they are afraid of further war with Ethiopia. We must help facilitate peace between the countries.
In a perfect world this would already have been done. But it is much easier said than done I am afraid.

There's been a couple of queries about dive travel to Eritrea recently - I guess people can either choose to go and spend money there; or choose not to go, and write the Eritrean government informing them that they are taking their tourist dollars elsewhere because of the alleged abuses.

Just my two cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom