Dive ops for cruise ship passengers in Honolulu, Kauai, Papeete, Moorea, Pago Pago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning a transpacific cruise beginning September, 2018 with stops in Honolulu (7AM-11PM), Kauai (8AM-5PM) Papeete (8AM -overnight), Moorea (8AM-5PM), and Pago Pago (9AM-6PM). The cruise ship doesn't offer dive excursions in any of those ports.
Is it advisable to try to dive off a cruise ship in any of those places with an independent operator? If so could who would you recommend? The best choice would be a dive op that caters to cruise ship passengers, if any exist in those ports.

On Kauai cruise ships dock in Nawiliwili on the SE side. There's really only a few dive options nearby - Seasport Divers has a satellite facility nearby in Kapaa or both they and Fathom Five are based in Poipu which is 20ish mins. drive - maybe a little more when your ship docks due to congestion in that area. You might be able to get on an afternoon boat or check with both about afternoon shore dives at Koloa Landing - either by yourself or guided. Boats are all kept in a harbor just south of Poipu.

September is just about when weather starts to shut down north shore diving so look to stay south. Sheraton Caverns is an interesting boat dive if you like diving thru lava tubes with huge turtles. Just a few minutes off the south shore.

If tjhere's a "cruise" operator on Kauai - I'm not aware of it.
Seasport Divers | Kauai's #1 Scuba Diving Company | Poipu, Kauai
https://fathomfive.com/

I'm planning a transpacific cruise beginning September, 2018 with stops in Honolulu (7AM-11PM), Kauai (8AM-5PM) Papeete (8AM -overnight), Moorea (8AM-5PM), and Pago Pago (9AM-6PM). The cruise ship doesn't offer dive excursions in any of those ports.
Is it advisable to try to dive off a cruise ship in any of those places with an independent operator? If so could who would you recommend? The best choice would be a dive op that caters to cruise ship passengers, if any exist in those ports.

Hello,
We're you able to find out any information on Pago Pago? I'm going there as well next year during a cruise. At the very least I hope to get a tank for a shore dive. Jack

Hey I got a response from these guys: Russ Cox <pagocharters@gmail.com>
I did not ask about charters, though, I just asked if I could rent tanks and weights for a shore dive. The response was "No problem." I shoot macro and just want to do a few shore dives. If they can supply a guide, fine, but otherwise I"ll just go to that Fagatele Bay, which is a natural sanctuary.

My husband just dove in Kauai 2 days with Bubbles Below. A friend used to live on the island and recommended Kauai Down Under (he used to work for them) however their schedule didn't work with ours during Christmas week. He went with Bubbles Below and chose to dive with them again after Day 1....he highly recommends. Super safe, took input from those on board, and saw a ton (eels, sea turtles, fish, coral, could hear the whales).

Timetraveler, Did you dive in Pago Pago?

Back
Top Bottom