dive ops in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats really sad they rook you in to paying an extra 40 dollars. I cant beleive they contracted the exclusive rights that anyone sailing with them has to pay the mark up.

Price if booked direct with Stuart Cover, (2 tank dive includes tanks/weights)
from http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/512/214insurance5.JPG?796

If booked in advance -------- $ 95
booked on the island ---------$105​

I know, I was thinking about going around Disney, but this time around, I couldnt dive,because my inlaws were with us,who never had been on a cruise before.I looked at the prices before I started talking to DCL. and even emailed SC. Bob from SC didnt even realize it until I called him on it.

My point was that I called and talked to Disney and asked them directly about what it would cost if I brought my own gear,since there was only 1 price listed, and most other cruise lines that I know of has 2. 1 with and 1 without gear, and went round and round with Disney.SC told me their hands were tied and talk to Disney. Disney has 1 price and one price only if you dont know how to book around them.That price is for with or without gear.When I questioned why, I got a reply back from DCL from someone in excursions, who tried to justify the price by saying that it was the tank rental that was causing the high price, since you cant bring them on the ship.Which I knew you cant bring them on the ship before I even asked. As someone who knows better, I questioned them on it, and told the supervisor they might want to get someone who knew what they are talking about to answer emails like that before someone is less understanding then I am.

If you are out and about on the Cable Beach strip you might consider contacting Land Shark Divers (maby 500yds along from Sheraton on the other side of the road) and seeing if they'd hire you tanks? I believe they used to supply/hire gear. One could cobble one's own shore dive in such a fashion.

I dont know if that helps.......but it's food for thought.

Yes it is. I might try that next time I am down there. Though next time it looks like we are going to the Carribean, not the Bahamas.

This is too good. I looked up Land Shark Divers and found them online. They us SC as there dive boat of choice. I am going to send them an email and see that they say.

wow so they subcontract then. When are you all going truck1

Depends. We just got back 2 weeks ago from Disney 4 day.Thanks to the Magic going to Europe next year, there is limited trips out of Fl. If we do another 4 day, itll prob be August 29th with DCL. If we do a 7 day, itll be either Mid to late Oct or begin of Nov.after the Magic has come back to the states and back from her drydock. Havent decided yet really.Have to talk to my fiance, as she wants to get married on a DCL ship.

Heres the link btw if you want to look. It looks like it might be a cool place to go to do some dives.Fairly reasonable if the prices are right.

Land Shark Divers - Nassau, Bahamas

I have to say that we went out with Stuart Cove with high expectations, based upon their high profile. Sorry to say that we were very disapointed with the service and transportaion. One day we were forgotten altogether at pick up and the next day when they 'were late' we finally got someone from the shop to pick us up 45 minutes later. I dont know about you, but if I get up at 6:45am on my vacation, I'm fairly pissed off if the ride doesn't show up. The rest of it was fine, but a cattle car. After 2 days we switched to Bahama Diver and had a much more pleasant experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom