Dive plan software with shearwater perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost Diver #

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello perdix users, I’m sure this has been covered but I can’t seem to find it....what software works best with the shearwater perdix to plan multigas decompression dives. Just looking to see what others are using that uses the same algorithm!

Thanks

Happy diving

What @rongoodman said. MultiDeco with Buhlmann ZHL-16C. Just be sure to set your Gradient Factor to what you have on your Shearwater and make sure gases are programmed the same.

You can also plan these dives using the Dive Planner on the Perdix with these assumptions:
  • Descent rate is 60ft/min (18m/min) and the ascent rate is 33ft/min (10m/min).
  • For OC, the gas in use will be the gas with the highest PPO2 less than 1.40 for the bottom gas, and 1.61 for deco gases (the deco gas max PPO2 can be changed in the Adv Config 1 menu).
  • For CC, the diluent in use will be the gas with the highest PPO2 less than 1.05.
  • The planner will use the configured last stop depth.
  • For CC, the PPO2 is constant for the entire dive.
  • The RMV is the same while diving as during deco

"The Dive Planner does not provide thorough validation of the profile. For example, it does not check for nitrogen narcosis limitations, gas usage limitations, CNS percentage violations, or isobaric counter-diffusion risks due to sudden helium switches. The user is responsible for ensuring a safe profile is followed."

Page 57 of Perdix manual. This will get you extremely close to what you can plan with MultiDeco and it's a good way to do a reality check that both plans make sense.

Don't forget Subsurface.
Since it's free, it's easy to try out.
Slightly complex/kludgey user interface, but very nice graphics, and a better portrayal of gas requirements than Multi-Deco. Compare them.

Subsurface

Subsurface is free. And it runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. And there is a companion mobile app for Android. Not sure about iPhone.

It is fantastic dive logging software and also fantastic dive planning software. I own Multi-Deco, but I only use it very rarely, and only to double check results from Subsurface, just as a sanity check.

At this point, I can see very little reason why anyone would bother to pay money for Multi-Deco.

Been using Multi-Deco for some years now, find it really easy to use. Gave a try at Subsurface, free, multiplatform, but... I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, that's not bashing, just saying one has to find the software which is right for oneself.

Just try them and then make your pick.

Thanks! I downloaded subsurface, it’s going to take some getting used to but I’ll keep playing around with it. I’ll look at some of the other suggestions as well!

Thanks again,

I wish shearwater would come out with their own planner

Even if Shearwater did, I would still use Subsurface.

I like that I can change to a different brand of computer in the future, if I want to, and still use the same software I'm used to. All that matters is that the computer and the dive planning software implement the same algorithm.

Back
Top Bottom