• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive planning & Wetnotes

Discussion in 'Technical Diving Specialties' started by xslim, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DevonDiver

DevonDiver N/A

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Ah!

2. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

I use “D A L T on” as my heading as it is easy to remember.

D is depth
    A is arrival time at that depth
    L is leave time
    T is stop time
    on is the mix

The OP ought to take a look at the schedules produced by the likes of MultiDeco or Suunto’s DM5 and get a feel for the sort of information they carry.

Lorenzoid likes this.
  3. atdotde

atdotde Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    The Subsurface planner gives you such a table that can be printed and laminated (or cut & pasted to a word processor for layout improvements before printing).

stuartv likes this.
  4. DevonDiver

DevonDiver N/A

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
  5. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light

Is this really ScubaBoard?!?! I am SHOCKED that nobody has said this yet. :D When you took Tec 40, your instructor really should have covered this.

Anyway....

I write my plan in my wet notes, on a blank piece of paper. Pretty much like most other folks said. No need for a template to fill in.

Then I stick it in my pocket and never look at it again. Unless both of my computers die. I haven't had even one computer die yet, so I have never needed to actually use my wet notes. And if both my computers die simultaneously, I wouldn't know my depth or time anyway, so there's a good chance I would just thumb the dive and follow my buddy up, going by his/her computer.

If I were concerned that I might forget what my plan was for max depth or max bottom time, I would probably write those two pieces of info down somewhere that I could reference without digging into a pocket. Either on a slate on my arm or (stealing an idea from a friend), put some white duct tape on the top of a fin and write the info there.

6. Michael Guerrero

Michael Guerrero Solo Diver

I usually write my deco schedule on duct tape and stick it to my scooter. If I'm not scootering, then I write it in my wet notes. I just have blank slates though, not the table format you have.

EireDiver606 likes this.
  7. lermontov

lermontov Manta Ray

I also include my turn Pressure next to turn time and ascend when whatever comes first-this covers things like unexpected current or anxiety making my RMV higher

8. Mindset

Mindset Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I write it down and provides a piece of mind in my pocket. You must have a plan

9. jadairiii

jadairiii Solo Diver

I was throwing away an old set of wet notes from years ago, and on one of the pages was a note I wrote to my dive buddy;
    "My tables are on the boat"......as I remember, so were his.

Jack Hammer likes this.