Dive recommendations St Maarten (Divi Resort) 5/27-6/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aanderson81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am heading down to St Maarten and will be staying at the Divi resort on the Dutch side and was looking for recommendations on who to go through for diving while I am down there. I likely wont be renting a car so either near by or with transportation being available to the resort would be a plus for sure. Any site recommendations would be appreciated as well

dive adventures has a satelite shop that runs oput of the divi in little bay. the main shop is in simpson bay. the boat picks up divers at divi. contact vinny at dive adventures

dive adventures has a satelite shop that runs oput of the divi in little bay. the main shop is in simpson bay. the boat picks up divers at divi. contact vinny at dive adventures

Agree. This is the easiest route to go. On the other side of Great Bay which you can see out the other side of Divi, and about a 5-10 minute drive are several dive ops. I have gone with Scuba Fun and liked them a lot, except almost everyday, they had cruise ship divers who didn't always have much experience. Would guess that all dive ops along that stretch get divers from cruise ships. The drawback to Divi's satellite shop is that may not keep your gear for you. maybe the main shop does.

Liked diving the area around Great Bay more than around Simpson Bay, but SB had some nice wrecks.

I haven't been in a number of years, but there used to be a dive site at the end of the Divi peninsula. Sunken airplane parts, etc. Dive shops would routinely take you there as a first site to assess your skills. I rented tanks from Divi and did a shore dive there as well, just a shallow along the side wall, but beat sitting on a beach. I've always like the Proselyte an 1801 wreck on the reef, some chain and anchor remains. Any plans to head over to Saba? It can be done as a day trip, by ferry.

Thanks, I will give them a call.

As for Saba, I've considered it, however we just acquired a timeshare membership to Divi, so I suspect we will be back within a couple of years (Bonaire is hopefully next year) so I may just save Saba for our return to St Maarten.

We are Divi owners. When we are in St. Maarten, we dive with Ocean Explorers. I'd strongly recommend renting a car.

Back
Top Bottom