Dive report Nantucket Sound Ma.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestions, Hyannis is not too far I'll look into Jennie French Potter!
When you dove the Merrill back in 1996 was it in 90 FSW?
It was in 35-45 FSW. 90' is too deep.

Hey @TuckerIdaho any chance you ever checked out the area of the 3 wrecks near Quick's Hole shown on this piece of chart? That area looks like it has drastic depth changes, maybe big rocks and ledges too. Looks interesting. Unless a wreck is at least partly intact it can be difficult to find, even with sidescan. A debris field can be hard to see without a camera. My Lowrance Elite-7 has what they call Down-Scan.
I am pretty sure I have numbers and sss on at least two of them

Hey @TuckerIdaho any chance you ever checked out the area of the 3 wrecks near Quick's Hole shown on this piece of chart? That area looks like it has drastic depth changes, maybe big rocks and ledges too. Looks interesting. Unless a wreck is at least partly intact it can be difficult to find, even with sidescan. A debris field can be hard to see without a camera. My Lowrance Elite-7 has what they call Down-Scan.

I haven't but would love to. Have to be careful of current around the hole. Also there's a ton of dumped gear around there off the draggers.

Hoping the weather is nice next weekend to murder tog.

I haven't but would love to. Have to be careful of current around the hole. Also there's a ton of dumped gear around there off the draggers.

Hoping the weather is nice next weekend to murder tog.

The weather was not great but did you murder any tog? What type of spear do you have?

The weather was not great but did you murder any tog? What type of spear do you have?

Nah, just recovered a mooring and found a leak in my right silicon wrist seal. :(

I've got Riffe Euro 90, Rob Allen roller 90 and a Gatku 9 foot pole spear.

I am pretty sure I have numbers and sss on at least two of them
Here are Bathymetric images of two of the wreck on the south side of Quicks hole
upload_2020-11-3_8-57-1.png

upload_2020-11-3_8-57-46.png

@Sean222 Those are really great images! Excellent stuff !!

One wreck on the south side of quicks hole is Ardandhu, but she was 282' long reported in 60 FSW, I think your images might be of something else.(looks like a smaller ship, although since Ardandhu was blown up, maybe that's a piece)
If I did the conversion correctly then -70.820 41.435 converts to about -70 49', 41 26' which is next to the wrecks near the "Sandwaves" on chart 13230. That's great information!

as I look more closely at those images, they look like intact vessels, almost like tug boats!

Back
Top Bottom