Dive report Tucker's Point Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just came back from 4 days of diving in Bermuda. We dived with Tucker's Point Dive Shop at the resort. 10 dives in 4 days. The boat is great -space for 14 but we usually had 4 at most. No time limits- we spent 70 to 80 mins on most dives.

I've dived in Bermuda many times and have never been impressed. This was different. NASA and Secret NASA were incredible. Wrecks were awesome. Cathedral was a wonderful dive (5th time for me and still enjoyable). Corals in great condition. Very limited fish diversity but enough to keep you interested. The crew on the boat were awesome. I blew an o-ring on my Cobalt and they diagnosed and replaced with a smile. I can't say enough good things about Tucker's Point Diving. They were uber accomodating. my advice is to AVOID operators on the West side and dive on the East side. We felt like we were the first divers on some of the sites. Really fun trip.

Were all your previous dives on the west side?

Were all your previous dives on the west side?

Nope. Dived with BWD (Terry in the old days) on the West side; Tiangle with Graham and TPD (Terry again) on the East side. (I've been to Bermuda umpteen times). The dive sites off the West are mostly overdived and overexploited. Terry arranged a three dive day for us last week that allowed us to go to the Cristobal Colon, the Pelinaionr and the Aristo. Was great.

Well... as a resident diver not sure if I agree that the West side is so much worse than the East side. It's not like the West side is a complete wreck. There are some good sites that way.

Dive Bermuda has been good and consistent to us (and we've dived with Triangle and Tucker's) though they are pretty strict with bottom time. They are more reliable and probably better for the beginners.

I agree though that if you are going to do multi day diving with a group in Bermuda, Triangle or Tucker's would be more accommodating due to their size. Quite often the dive shops feel like they have to go do wreck diving because that's what people expect to do in Bermuda, whereas the reef diving is more fun.

I would also recommend going out to the North Rock (Triangle does this often - Terry might do this for a group). It's a bit of a hike, but is very pristine.

HJ:
I would also recommend going out to the North Rock (Triangle does this often - Terry might do this for a group). It's a bit of a hike, but is very pristine.

Definitely agree about North Rock!

Totally agree. I've been to North Rock (went with Triangle a few years back) and it was a great dive. For my money, the beach/shore diving is fantastic too. Horseshoe and Elbow Beaches are good; I love Admiralty Cove at night - did that a few times. And the drinks are close afterwards at the BSAC clubhouse!

The problem is as you are no doubt aware - transportation. I'm lucky because my DB has a car. Most tourists are stuck with an $80 cab fares - so they dive with the closest cattle boat. I agree that DB is an excellent op but I stay in Warwick when I'm there and TPD is good, convenient and close. I saw a lot of locals diving with them on this trip. I also saw another dive boat in the vicinity of Cathedral full of cruise ship passengers. No names but not for me.

Yes, it definitely is a challenge. We did our dives with Triangle. We actually stopped off in the taxi on the way from the airport and dropped out gear off before heading to our rental apartment on Tucker's Town Road. After that it was back and forth on the scooter. Picked the gear up on the way to the airport heading home.

We found the diving to be very enjoyable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom