Dive Report: Wreck of the Port Hunter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoah whoah whoah. Stop.

Flip through it. There are CURRENT CHARTS that tell you against I believe the Boston tides WHEN slack is ALL OVER Vineyard/Nantucket sound. Nice pretty arrows showing the flow direction and speed hour by hour for both flood and ebb. Websites don't give you that.

This guessing and hanging on the hook waiting for slack tide to happen is silly. Its right in there spelled out for you.
Yes the current charts are the main reason I got it. I don't guess.
Slack definitely does not occur at exactly the same time all over vineyard and Nantucket sound, if that is what you are saying.

But if you are suggesting you can read that book and know the exact timing of slack at some random point on the chart then I disagree. They give it for certain places, in between is another story(although interpolation is helpful), and wind changes the timing as well.

But if you have specific suggestions I am open mined and always willing to hear new ways of doing things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom